Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small table top grouted

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 12:12

Well I did it. After trying grey grout dry in the openings and I just didn't like it, so I went with a sand color (bird was already done in charcoal)

Little table top grouted

I'm pleased that the butterfly and the bug, which I made decal style in the oven, made it through the grouting process. Even though I put painters tape over I was a little bit worried.

I think I'll take a break from the table and mosaic a wooden bowl next. I am considering doing part of the sides of the table, but I have been looking at it for too long and lost my perspective.

thanks for looking.

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small table top grouted

Oh, that came together beautifully!! What a fun, creative piece. Where are you going to put it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Loribees Garden Blog

o

So cool! Quite unexpected, that bird swooping down like that. I like it. I like the sand-colored grout too. I find myself using it more often than any other, with charcoal coming in as my next favorite.

o

thank you. I decided that I am going to take a stained glass class so I can learn to cut glass better. I had a very hard time with my bird. Although I prefer plates, it was fun to mix some glass in.
Kathy

o

That turned out so GOOD!!! Like the grout choices, it's so nice to see the finished pc!

o

That is very cool !!! Love it!!

o

I forgot to say its supposed to go next to the bed in the gurest room. It has a slanted book shelf on the botton. I'm going to double check for sharp edges and dremel them if I find any.
Kathy

o

I love it! the grout works well. I love that bird.

o

See - you knew what to do and you DID it. The bird is the point of interest, and your grout is PERFECT - shows up ever detail just right. Congratulations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here