Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few questions... business, webiste, wedding!!

Posted by crazymosaics (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 20, 09 at 12:02

Hello all,
Sorry for all the posts but I'm caught up enough to start posting a bunch of stuff.

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask:

1. Does anyone make mosaics as a full time business? Or teach mosaics full time? I would like to eventually teach mosaics and work on mosaics more than as a hobby but not sure if it's a reasonable goal or not.

2. Website - Does anyone here have a webiste and how did you go about getting it started and what are some of the fees? I've never done my own website but once I get a few more items complete I would like to have my own website. If anyone has any tips or pointers that would be great.

3. There is the girl at work who is getting married in September and after seeing the duck that I mosaiced she decided she wanted to mosaic picture frames (a total of 200) for a total cost of $1 a frame. I told her, even if she painted each frame and put clear glass over, each frame would be more than $1. Any ideas on smething else she can mosaic within a reasonable budget? She's coming over on May 16th for a quick lesson in mosaicing.... should be interesting :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few questions... business, webiste, wedding!!

I have a side business with stained glass that I also do mosaics with it. I couldn't do it as a full time business right now just because the economy is so bad. I also look forward to the day when I can solely rely on this for my income. I do have a website that my daughter set up for me. It is set up on freewebs and as the title suggests it is free. I will add my link so that you can check out what she has done with it...but you can do pretty much whatever style you want.

I wish you all the luck with your new business. It is a lot of fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: My web page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here