Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazymosaics

Lazy Susan - WIP

crazymosaics
14 years ago

Hello,

Here is a lazy susan i am working on for a friend of mine. She has three cats so when I saw this picture in a magazine I knew it was perefct for her. I'm hoping to have all the cats done by this weekend so that I can grout and then cover it in Resin. I've never used Resin so it should be interesting.... I'll post the final pics when it's completed.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (30)

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

You are so talented. Cats make beautiful art. susie

• crazymosaics
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If you look in the right hand corner you can see the picture that I got the idea from. It's a rug from a magazine. I just changed the color of some of the cats. My dad was nice enough to cut the lazy susan into eight equal parts so my cats would look equal and I just drew the cats by looking at the picture. Luckily, they're not real detailed so it was easy enough to draw. the background will be purple glass since that's one of her favorite colors. :)

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Wow that is really nice! Your friend will love it I'm sure. I'm a cat person and I know I would be tickled to death with it. Very nice work.

Donna in Florida

• daisyme
    14 years ago

That is an absolutely adorable lazy susan. What a great gift! Did you nip glass tiles for all that tess? Your friend is going to ADORE it!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Great project!!! I have to day I'm a dog person, but this is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I can't wait to see the finished project.......

• katishooked
    14 years ago

This going to be one fine piece. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Kat

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

That is adorable and such a great design!! I'm real interested to see how the resin process works. Please, please, please take pictures during that process.

Can't wait to see the finished project!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Well how darlin' is THAT project??!!! This is gonna be a real beauty.

• crazymosaics
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is an updated picture. I'm going to do the background in a purplish color glass and a dark grey grout. I'm also going to try my best to cover it in resin and then put purple ribbon (matching the beads) around the edge of the lazy susan. i'm hoping to start grouting this weekend.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

That looks fantastic!! My favorites are the tabby and calico!!
    What did you use for the beads around the edge?
    Also, please let us know how the resin finish works out for you.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

I love it.....beautiful, just beautiful....be sure and post after grouting!!!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Oh, I've been dying to see this again as you worked on it. I love it!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Can't wait to see this finished. I love the kitty theme.

Kat

• texasfern
    14 years ago

What a wonderful whimsical piece!
    Do some research before you use that resin. I loved it once I got the hang of it.
    You mentioned ribbon around the edge. I am assuming the very edge and not over the beads. May I ask why? Just curious.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Darlin'. Good job.

• crazymosaics
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is an updated picture of the lazy susan. I think i'm going to grout it in light gray and cover in resin. But I have to find some resin first!! LOL!! The Michaels and Joanne by my house is out. I found it on the internet but they're sold out! :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• wishdish
    14 years ago

I love cats and I LOVE this lazy susan. Too cute!!! And wonderful work.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

It's so pretty now, and w/REALLY be lovely when grouted. I saw resin in an auto shop. 'twas too expensive for me.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

This is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! Crazy Mosaics makes Crazy Cats!!!hee hee!!! They all have such personality!!!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I just love this lazy susan. What a wonderful design. Great job.

Kat

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Oh so wonderful!!!!! Susie Newbe

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Oh my that is really beautiful!!! and I'm a cat lover...meow

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

I posted last night - must not have hit submit...argh

anyways, I LOVE THESE CATS! what a cool design and such neat work by you!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

I'm a dog lover myself but sure do like yur Cats!!!! How absoultely darlin this piece is!!!! Just too dawg gone cute!!!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Oh i love those adorable kittys lapping up their milk. You did a great job. Have you started the resin yet?? Like Texas says , you might want to do a small play piece before you resin this masterpiece. I've had my share of messes but i love the stuff

• fldirt
    14 years ago

That is so cute! Can't wait to see it finished.

• crazymosaics
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello,

The lazy susan is now grouted and is waiting to be covered in resin. I'm going to play around with the resin first and then hopefully get it covered this weekend.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Man, there's lots of pieces in that one. Such a cute picture and idea, and you did a fabulous job on mosaicing it.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

What if you give the grout a black color wash, I think it would really pop!!! Just my opinion! I just love black grout!!Black really makes colors pop! I just love this pc!!! Good Job, can't wait to see the resin part! Your friend is REALLY gonna Love this!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

How BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!! WOWZA!!!

Sponsored