Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Garden Art Opinion

Calamity_J
13 years ago

So I have a tv channel called the DIY, and they have all these garden remake shows on...I just find premade everybody has them stuff, BORING!!! I am so much happier getting inspired by everyone here! I was out looking at cement stuff, statues,pedestals,etc,to buy, and (I have decided I like cottage garden themes)realized that I just don't have the kind of yard to add anything "premade?", it just doesn't go with anything else, nor do I want it!!! My whole yard is gonna be homemade!!!lol!...or I will take something and make it my own, heh heh! So I guess I will never have a traditional cottage garden, but it will have some interesting eye candy...er garden art!

Comments (4)

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Amen. I decided a long time ago that what other people might think is "proper", just ain't my style. So, I decided to do what makes me happy. There is seldom a time when I'm out watering or puttering, that someone doesn't drive by, stop and compliment something in my yard. Had a house/garden tour the day b/f yesterday for my ceramicist friend who wanted to bring her parents - my back fence neighbor. They mentioned they have visitors coming from Costa Rica, and want to bring them in today to do the same tour. Pleases me just fine. CALAM: Homemade ain't bad, is it? They called my back patio Little Mexico. Can't wait 'till you get here and help w/the last extension to the fountain surround.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Amen to both of you !!! I am a very whimsey's kinda girl.

• loribee2
    13 years ago

I LOVE the DIY channel, but I watch it more for instruction on how to do things than decorating tips. Also, when I watch them buy a fountain or something for a yard, my first thought is, "Ooh, that's pretty. I wonder if I could make that?" LOL

I like making things because....what else am I going to do? If I buy a birdbath and set it in my yard I'm done. Then I do what? Watch more TV?

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Excellent point Loribee.
    I would much rather save money and spend time and have something much more beautiful in the end. Tho sometimes to get just the right supplies there is an financial outlay, lol. I enjoy (some of)the shows too, but lots of them extol being boring and pleasing the largest amount of people possible even if you aren't selling your home which strikes me as bizarre.
    We seem to be living in a beige world at the moment (or do I just have that impression because so many people on my street have painted their houses beige?)

I just hope I don't have to go back to work full time (if I have to become the health insurance provider) anytime soon. I'm having way too much fun with my projects.
    Kathy

Sponsored