Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Jane-o-sidetracko. ..plexiglass butterfly

Calamity_J
9 years ago

Scored this chunk o half inch plexiglass for $6...had this idea that I would like to make a gog butterfly...I certainly would of prefered quarter inch thickness but took what I could scrounge!!! Anyways...got it cut out...

Comments (12)

• brokenbitmosaics
    9 years ago

NEAT! I just happen to have a piece of plexi from where we took out an interior window.

Good idea.

Calamity_J thanked brokenbitmosaics
  • meadel
    9 years ago

Wow. How did you cut it?
    I did a chair with plexi and had a heck of a time and mangled it..glad it got covered up with Tess and grout !

Calamity_J thanked meadel
  • toomuchglass
    9 years ago

I'm bringing this to the top to see the finished piece --- and wave hello to Jane !!!!!!!

Calamity_J thanked toomuchglass
  • oldcrafty
    9 years ago

Good idea....would love to see the finished piece! And Hello Jane

Calamity_J thanked oldcrafty
  • meadel
    9 years ago

Youhoo... Calamity...waiting for the metamorphosis :-)

Calamity_J thanked meadel
  • strawberryinwashington
    8 years ago

so much glass...so little time....heya, Calamity.......it's been many moons.....♥

Calamity_J thanked strawberryinwashington
  • strawberryinwashington
    8 years ago

aka seaglassic and desiderata...from wayyy back when....

Calamity_J thanked strawberryinwashington
  • texaswild
    8 years ago

Well I was wondering if this site had just laid down and died. I will send Jane an email and tell her she's been called. She has the same problem that I do in signing on. The changes are absolutely mind-boggling. Why did they have to mess up a good thing. I almost won't post because of the stupid things I have to go through. I would hate to think how long it would take me to find out how to post a picture of my latest clay projects.

Calamity_J thanked texaswild
  • Calamity_J
    Original Author
    8 years ago

• texaswild
    8 years ago

Well don't you be so wordy, girlie. Tell the group what you have going creatively, por favor - new thread and all. This forum has suddenly died. Hate to see it. Since I don't do mosaics anymore, I have nothing to offer, unless I post on the conversation side, if there still is one w/these awful changes.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Everyone!!! I cut this out with a plexiglass saw blade on my jigsaw, and it went easy peasy!!! I just had my bro in law tell me that I can heat up the edges with a butane torch and it would make the edges where I cut > clear!!! dunno if I will do it to this one cuz of the glass is already on it but will do it to the next one, as I have scraps from this cutout. Projects are too many to count this year, but I will get my slate patio done soon, so will post pics for that! It will have a dragonfly in it!! 10ft x 10ft front door patio. anyhoo, hope this answered some questions...oh and it is 14" across.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource