Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
recycler4art

I think I figured it out.. a few pix

recycler4art
13 years ago

OK, I think I got it figured out, but we shall see... LOL

Go ez on my early works... LOL I seem to get better with each project.... but grouting is my enemy!!!! Here is the link to pix....

Here is a link that might be useful: pix I HOPE!!!!

Comments (10)

• recycler4art
    Original Author
    13 years ago

P.S. THE DATE WAS A DEFINITE BUST!!!!! thats all I gotta say bout that....

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

I think the mosaic bug has bitten you badly! you have been busy! Love your big ol rooster panel and all your other stuff. Welcome!

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

You have done a beautiful job for starters. If grouting is your enemy, it is my nemisis...I hate it and I am ashamed to post anymore work I have done until I get it grouted. I have about 15-20 pieces awaiting grout now and more on the way. I am really not a grouter but I am devoting at least three days a week to this until I get it done....
    You keep up the good work, and keep up your grouting habits. Do them as you make them and they won't pile up on you.

• recycler4art
    Original Author
    13 years ago

not so much that I dont LIKE to grout (although it definitely isnt something I WANT to do) but that I SUCK at it! ! My grout lines are not flush with the glass (or whatever), my edges look so messy... It makes a really beautiful piece look like a preschool project. MAKES ME INSANE!!! I tried thinning my grout, thickening it, using my hand, trowel, scraper, squeegie... I have even REgrouted some projects to bring the grout to be flush... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???????????

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Well gee, RECYC: I don't see a thing wrong w/your work. Everything looks like it's cleaned of the grout, and as far as grout being flush w/the tess, is that even possible w/some dish shards? Looks like you've been mosaicing for years - definitely NOT preschool work. IMO, you are worrying too much. You're doing a great job. As you said, you get better w/each piece. Isn't that what practice is all about. As FLAG said, keep doing what you're doing - looks REAL good to me.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Looks great! And grout is always gonna need cleaning up...I LOVE to grout!!! I always use sanded grout as the non sanded is too mucky!! Boy I wish I lived in Texas! I'd be over at Flag's place grouting everything she's got!!!ha! Luv Luv Luv it!

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

Janey Bo you always say that and I have been saving it up for you. I did finish two pieces today and will take pics in the am when I can get some help moving one of them.
    You are always welcome here.

• recycler4art
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys!!!! What a refreshing relief.... I really did think I was doin something seriously wrong. My aunt paid for me a class at the local art gallery... it will be fun & hopefully I will learn something exciting I can come & share. hahahah!!! Everyone have a great week!! OH & BTW, I am a Northerner myself... MICHIGAN!!

• barbfrizzell1955
    13 years ago

I love to grout too because that is when a mosaic finally comes together. I don't always make the right grout choice though. LOL
    I live in a suburb of Detroit, where are you? I think your work looks fine.

• recycler4art
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Crafty, I am about 50 mins North of Grand Rapids in the Canadian Lakes area.... I just finished two tables & a lazy susan that I am very thrilled with!!! Will post on pb over the next few days!!!

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts