Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You were right...

Posted by loribee2 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 10:23

I checked my sea serpent this morning and he's hard as a rock. I could probably toss him across the driveway and he wouldn't even chip (okay, slight exaggeration). So I completely overreacted by panicking and setting him into a concrete base. Grrrr.

Though my wonderful husband is telling me from a design standpoint, he likes the base anyway because it's shaped like a pool of water and looks cool. (I love him)

Lesson learned: Once mortared, don't screw with it for at least 48 hours. I'd gone out the next day because Sheri's book said to wait until the next day to put the second coat of mortar on. I sorta took that to mean I HAVE to go out the next day to put the second coat of mortar on. Like if I didn't it would cure too much and the second layer wouldn't adhere well....or something...but I should have just left him alone and let him harden more before I started messing with him.

Ah well. Lesson learned. You were right, though. This stuff gets seriously hard if you just leave it alone long enough to strengthen!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You were right...

Hey, Newbie! It is always gonna be where you are on pins and needles waiting to see if it's gonna turn out!ha! Now where is the pic??!!heh heh!

o
RE: You were right...

I have this funny image in my head of you throwing the sea dragon across the driveway, base and all,hehe
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here