Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stained jars

Posted by joneyjmw (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 10:03

I've been working on a project where Im staing jars to be used as vases at a local florist, the materials used to stain the jars are not waterproof and the jars need to be sealed inside because they will eventually be filled with water. It needs to be pourable, and dry crystal clear without yellowing. Please help, I've tried about 4 different types of sealers that say "water resistant" but they end up being cloudy...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stained jars

Don't know if this w/work, but I colored clear glass heart-shaped bottles for a mosaic 3-D project by mixing a little crimson oil-based artist paint into enough turpentine to swirl inside the bottle. I'm asuming that because it's oil-based it w/be water proof. Worth a try???

o
RE: Stained jars

Or how about using glass stain? its a transluscent paint for glass that is then baked in the oven to cure for durability.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here