Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest butterfly

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 8:49

Hi all. This board is slower than molasses nowadays; what are y'all working on? I just finished four small projects, all featuring butterflies. Click below to see one of them, a butterfly on mesh, 12 inches x 12 inches, leaving today to fly to Wisconsin. I will post pictures of the others soon. Two are wall hangings and one is a pitcher.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog - latest butterfly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest butterfly

I'm 10 minutes away from the airport ! Where are you headed ? Wave to me when you fly over my house :)

It has been slow here - I'm imagining a whole lotta spring cleaning going on ! I'm working at my peacock - slow but sure. I'm making it as I go and I'm stumped right now . I have to paint a pink flamingo for a forum friend this week. Other than that, I'm just chugging along ...........
What about everyone else ?

o

Silva, I love your butterfly. It's beautiful!! Such an inspiration to me as a beginner.

I know I'm new at mosaics, but my current project is using clear dinner plates.

Photobucket

o

I've just returned home from a week's visit w/my daughter in Dallas. While there we were too busy for me to even think of the computer. Pretty work, SILVA, and the same to you MURRAYS. I may be getting back to work in a couple days - have missed it.

o

Cute butterfly! Way to use that plate!!! Love the textured edge! Im still fighting crappy silicone on the GOG I'm doing...arg!

o

Love the BF .I have had a lot going on and have been doing other things but am getting antsy .Oh what will be next?

o

Great work, I aspire to be as good as you one day!

o

Seeing your garden totem made me realize I can salvage the clear glass totem I made by mosaic-ing it. Did you use opaque or clear stained glass? Or is that stained glass?
Eeryone makes such beautiful things here.

o

Ernie, all the stained glass I used on the totem is translucent. Not cathedral, not opaque. I wanted the light to shine through every piece. I used GE silicone II clear for the adhesive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here