Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Project Updates

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Hey, been a while since I did any art work, been busy with my yard and having a full hysterectomy...but up and about now and have time to play! I bought this older lamp shade to mosaic while I'm recuperating and then started back on my Dog Whisperer window again! It's been soooo much fun! It's been such a rough past yr and I feel better already!!! I can tell, cuz I am doing what I love again! Art Work!!!

{{gwi:137587}}

Comments (9)

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Hot Diggedy Dawg, she's back. Been missing you a lot, little girl. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the lamp. Where w/you hang this beauty? What a cute project - Dog W. What was your inspiration for this one. I love the little lifted paw. Toby does that. What are they saying when they lift their little paw?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Slow! I want to make a "stem"w/leaves, and put a solar light inside the flower!!! I had to post this next pic as it has a suprise in the left hand corner....lol!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137585}}

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Good to see both of you .Love that flower also .I have been working in the yard also .I do not do a lot of mosaicsthis time of year

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I got the mosaicing finished, onto grouting...YES!!! My fav part! Just can't decide on what color to paint the frame yet, I'm using my usual black grout so we shall see how it turns out. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get this pc started/done...I used old 70's window glass and am happy with the colors, it's amazing that I cut just enough up, only have about 20 spare pcs!!! Usually I have a ton left over...but left overs are always good eh?!!!lol!
    Oh ya, I wanted to say what inspired this pc...I was following behind a horse trailer, and it had a bumper sticker that said, "I whisper, but they don't listen!", so that just got me howling!!! And of course I love watching "the dog whisperer" Ceasar Rules!!! ha!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gotta Love Black grout!!!!hmmm, black frame, I'm thinking....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137584}}

• addiesue
    13 years ago

Oh, I love them both! Very nice job on the dog picture. How did you get your letters so PERFECT? I try to avoid text because I can't cut them straight...but your's really are perfect..how'd you do that? Well, it turned out adorable. I saw the little model laying on your bed in the background of one of your pics...lol. You could use his little paw and put white foot prints on your black frame. I really love the lamp shade too. I'm gonna keep my eye open for one like that at our local thrift stores...I'd like to mosaic one and put it in the middle of my patio table with a candle in the middle. Be sure to post some pics of it when you get it grouted. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!

Addiesue

• texaswild
    13 years ago

I was so busy yesterday I didn't get to the computer. Man alive - you MOVE FAST. That dog thingy turned out soooooooooooooooo beautiful. Absolutely LOVE it. You l'il heifer - you are killing me w/inspiration. I didn't see a surprise in the left corner. WHAT???

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Addie: I faked it with the letters, some people here are Really good cutting them out...I'm waaaay too lazy so had a little help from the GROUT!!!ha! I just left enough room around the chopped up little pcs of black glass to leave room for grout to finish the letters for me. I cut the glass with my glass cutter, but also nipped some with my mosaic nippers, but like I say, left the grout to finish it! heh heh! I am gonna search for more of those light shades and make a little group of them on the yard somewhere.
    Slow: I am refering to the chihuahua still in bed, he is the left hand side of the picture...he thinks he is human and sleeps under the blankets!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    13 years ago

LOL - that is just like Toby. He covers himself up in his multi-layered blanket/beds.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm