Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyscache

Agates. beach rock & glass bathroom vanity

cathyscache
15 years ago

Hi, I have been feeling like crap since Sat. finally better today (the crude or whatever). Anyway started on my vanity today. 2 side panels and 2 front panles. I raised the glass w/an MDF panel to make it closer to level w/ the rocks and agates. It will be so much prettier when it is grouted and clear coated. The rocks and agates show all their beautiful colors when coated and shiny.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom vanity

Comments (20)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, what a clever idea to raise the panel. I can imagine how the clear coat makes the tess shine. Looking good, girlie.

• charmo
    15 years ago

Cathy, that is going to look wonderful, and great idea to raise the panel with the glass. How do you get all these ideas!!! Make sure to post when it's all done.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, Grankids and I went to the beach today and we scored big time!!! The tide was out and the beach was clear of ice. Beautiful rocks for the vanity!! It was a beautiful day while we were there and we found some great rocks. I have a enough supply to finish the entire project. One panel is done. Need more glass though, and I ordered it today. So will continue with the rocks and do the glass when it gets here. I may grout this finsihed one tonight, may do each one as their done, just so the grouting process won't seem so extreme....

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP-bathroom vnity

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Lookin' good, CATHY - love the shine of those nature finds.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Slow, I decided if I clear coated them now it would make clean up when I grout a whole lot easier....I hoping anyway....

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Oh Cathy that is spectacular!!!!! I'm a huge fan of yours..

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey all, My glass order finally got here and all 4 panels are done!!!...I only have a small amount of rock along the bottom and then I can grout (probably Wed)and be done w/this part of the project....then the backsplash...and still am not quite sure in my mind how that is going to be...it will come to me and when it does I will be ready!!! LOL!!! will post final Wed night after grouting..Granny Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosiac bathroom vanity--before grout

• texaswild
    15 years ago

BEAUTIFUL - anxious to see that backsplash. You are very speedy.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, I got one panel grouted yesterdy and ran out of grout. So hopefully will finish today. Clear coating the agates and rocks before grouting, made clean up sooo much easier, why I didn't think of doing this before now is beyond me. But I'm thinking I don't like the light wood of the vanity now, I'm thinking I may restain a darker color....any opinions? I really think the light is too stark and I actually prefer darker woods. Not real sure now why I choose the lighter for the bathroom anyway...huummm I'm sure I had a reason....

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom vanity

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I finished today. Had a hard time getting a good pic (tight quarters) sorry. But here it is just needs sealed. Still not sure about the wood color. I've decided to wait a week and see what I think then. But now I really have to get my mind on the backsplash.....I'm thinking tree....??? Just a thought still, but it's brewing....
    It rained today and is suppoosed to snow tonight. Spring is so slow getting here in Alaska...Later

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished bathroom vanity

• texaswild
    15 years ago

That is soooooooooooo pretty, CATHY. The sealer really gives it a richness. IMO, you're right about the starkness of the wood against your other woods. Your door facing is so beautiful, and since you LIKE dark woods, I'm thinking you'd really like to stain the vanity. Betcha you'll stain it.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well guess I'll start sanding today. Lord I am a glutten for punishment!!! Cause I have decided to restain a darker color. Just don't like the lighter wood...The darker will look much better I hope. So probably be about a week long job. I was really hoping the lighter would grow on me and I'd be ok with it. But it hasn't...so here I go!!! I'm sure I will be much ahppier with it when it's done..

• klinger
    15 years ago

It's gorgeous , I just love how it all turned out. I agree that you'll like it more with the wood a bit darker color.The mosaics are beautiful.
    Cindy

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey, Here's the update on my vanity that has become a pain in my BUTT!!! Ok the last clear coat will go on tonight!! YEAH!!!!!! Tomorrow morning I will be able to finally put my bathroom back together!!! It seems like forever...I will no longer be found on the bathroom floor. You will now find me outside enjoying life!!! If I had known I would have waited til next winter when I have to be inside. Oh well it will be done and I will be happier for it....But my next projects will be ones I can work on OUTSIDE!!!! I will post pics just as soon as I put it all back together and clean it up...

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!! It's finished. And I re did the medicene cabinet to boot!!! I no longer will be living on the bathroom floor!!! Outside I go!!
    It was a long project but I am so happy I did it. The darker wood makes the rocks and agates look so much better...Sometimes things work out!! This was one of those times..

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom vanity and medicene cabinet redo

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Dear Cathy,

You have just increased the value of your home. We need to reappraise your home and raise your Insurance Coverage and property taxes! LOL

STUNNING!!!! Beautiful. Professional, drooling cool, ect.

Susie

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Susie, TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Cathy I love what you have done with your br vanity. Looks so rich with your mosaic addition. Wonderful.

Kat

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Congratulations on a job well done. Now get outside and go to town.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thnaks all ..We are all real pleased the way it turned out. I got up this morning and walked into the bathroom and love it!! Before it just wasn't right, now it issss. The backsplash will have to wait til winter. I'm happy for now....

Sponsored