Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

3 Small projects on the go....

Calamity_J
14 years ago

Well, got drilling glass today...put 10 holes in 2 pcs of glass to make some hanging GOGs. Also decided to use up some scrap cement and wedi board(Just can't throw nuthin' away!!!lol!) AND already have another wedi board stand idea, lol! One hanging glass on glass will be a agate arrangment with 5 danglies on the bottom, and the heart shaped one...dunno yet...the wedi stand will be these cup pcs nipped up with a porceline flower surrounded by blue mirror glass...and the 2nd wedi project I just thought of will have a nice mexican theme...

Comments (25)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Hold the phone - did you finish that flower already? Did you use the mesh/mortar technique for the stem? You always amaze me w/your speed. Like you new project ideas, especially the one w/the blue flower. Your cutting on that is superb.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I haven't finished the flower as yet, just stuck it on top of a vase, to see how it looks...maybe get a bunch more vases like that one and glue em all together?hmmm....
    arggg...trying to do small stuff so I don't go straining all the interior stitching from my operation...gets me antsy, but then I get tired quickly too, so gotta take it slow for now,,, then look out!!! I am plotting and scheming...with 160 plants to get in the ground and more on the way, I got weeds Really growing out there...and so I GOTTA do ART or I'd go crazy!!!!hahaha!I think the big Purge I did, (getting rid of stuff cuz I thought I was moving)...has toned down the clutter and I "see" my projects now!!! Too much stuff, always collecting, is not been working for me...good thing I quit my thrift store job!!!ha! I had scored so many good things but too much of a good thing....well, you know the saying...

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Got one project near completion...just can't get a good pic of it, it REALLY is so pretty, the pink glass really sets off the gorgeous green agate I nipped up and used in this. I even went to the trouble of taping all the agate pcs as they would of been possibly stained by the black grout I use. I have a dark green and a pale yellowish green agate in this pc and some scrounged glass shards I scrounged in PV at Sam's Haciendo Mosaico. I have the plaque mosaiced, and the back on it, just gonna reinforce the stand/back with drywall tape and mortar, then grout it, can't decide if it will be blue or green grout on that one.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

CALAM: That is soooooooooo pretty. You're right - the pink glass is scrumptious. I absolutely love the hanging "fringe" from beads. So beautiful. Inspires me to make one for my patio. What's the size?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's kinda small, 11"x6", and I also grouted the wedi project using my new white polymortar that I scored a whole bag for a buck!!!!! And painted the frame for the Dog Whisperer, gonna hang it outside...

• texaswild
    14 years ago

WOW - love these. That flower sure turned out beautifully, CALAM. Hey, would you take a shot of your patio - the curtain intrigues me and I want to see the whole thing. I remember when y'all were working on it, but you never posted a finished pic. Love your projects, and am glad to see you back at work.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Slow, here is the patio...started reno, but not finished...I want to build a plant shelf/bench around it/paint it...add the rainchain(turned into a water feature)that Klinger bought me for Christmas(I Love it!) ahhh, so much to do!!! The pond(not in yet!) is right off the deck so will be able to walk out from the Art Room and sit and enjoy the pond!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Came across this vase and broken art pc, that when I first saw it, it inspired me to thinking...Pineapple!! Sooo, it got stored away for a "future project" well, today is that future!!!heh heh! I seem to be on a "use the old 70's glass I squirrelled away theme" as I am using this amber 70's window glass for it and this murano art pc(found in the glass bin, had been thrown away at the Recycling Exchange)(rescued it) My rock tumbler blew a rubber ring, so spent a hour but finally fixed it(I am woman hear me roar!lol!) so am tumbling glass as we speak....I have a few ideas to "tweek" this project, so we shall see. Did I mention this will be garden art that will have a light to light it up at night? Oh Ya!It's gonna be 2ft tall...and it's Hubby's fav fruit!(Always have one around, so that's probably why I thought Pineapple when I looked at these pcs)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137589}}

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OHMYGOSH - what a wonderful vase, and I can see the pineapple too. Man - you really score some fabulous stuff in your area. My tumbler lost the belt too, and no way am I gonna take time to fix it right now. If I need to tumble glass, I'll use an electric ice cream freezer I don't use for ice cream anymore. Works fine, and holds lots more. Sure does a good job on bottle glass and those cheap green nursery vases that are plentiful from the thrift store. Sure anxious to see this one lighted in your garden. What kind of lighting equipment do you use? Your planter/seat for your deck sounds like a great plan. Get Richard busy on it and the POND - I had forgotten about that little project.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No solar lighting for this one...it's gonna be electric, along with the Flower Tower that I built oh so long ago, they will go next to the pond for now, till I build my castle!lol! Sheesh, went out and bought More plants!!! I'm so bad, I have about 200 plants to get in the ground now!!! So once I heal up, I'm gonna be super busy, so I'm glad I'm taking advantage of this time to do my art work! I haven't even weeded yet this year, boy it's looking scary!lol!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So I am painting the tips/corners, to add a touch of brown to the glass and am gonna grout with green grout.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137591}}

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Cool projects Cal Jane...so I'm looking at your patio, which is nice by the way... and thinking, it's not sloped... don't you have tons of snow up there in the winter? It looks like ours sort of. We used those polycarbonate panels that are supposed to be indestructible.

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

I am speechless...absolutely beautiful, all of it.
    I love the pineapple it really intrigues me. The pink glass is to die for. What a neat bunch of work you have done and have going on the patio. Can't wait..fun fun fun.
    Hope you are feeling better and can get up and go soon.

• fldirt
    14 years ago

You are so talented! Wish I could make just half the things that you post here. I love the flower & can't wait to see the pineapple. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandi

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes!! Pineapple is mosaiced!! Just gonna grout it so stay tuned.....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137593}}

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF. You drive me nuts. That is absolutely beautiful, and so realistic. Girlie - you are a piece of work. Simply outstanding, as are all your projects.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Slow! I am finished this one and I am dying to start another small window, it will be a dragonfly/pond/lily one, I think...

I used green grout on this and like the way it looks lit up!!!(I am a terrible pic taker!)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

How beautiful is THAT!!! How did you light it? Do you put outdoor lights in your garden art? Tell me more about this subject. CALAM - this is one of your best recent project - I LOVE this.

• wishdish
    14 years ago

oh wow, soooo beautiful.

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

That is just stunning, you are so creative. And you are good at following through on your projects. I love it.
    Frou

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have a 10watt outdoor light in this one(I actually have been lighting it up at night,in my Art Room!lol) and have decided that it will sit on my hubby's fav outdoor table(there is a hole in the middle of the table for the light cord to fit, how perfect is that!?!) I also have my Flower Tower to get outside and it will light up too...so blingy at night!! The slope on my roof is pretty insignificant, but hopefully it will be okay, we don't get too much snow here...Hubby actually cleaned up the patio(put my junk away) and it's looking pretty good out there!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:183943}}

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Wonderful. Did you drill a hole in the vase b/f you mosaiced it for your light cord? I can just imagine how pretty your patio is w/those two things lighted.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Actually the vase is turned upside down, so no problem with the light and I still gotta glue the top green glass thingy to it and seal the grout.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Oh, didn't realize that. I went back to your original post on finding this project, and had forgotten that the green glass was a separate piece. You're inspiration to make those two pieces one is amazing. I w/never have thought of putting them together as a pineapple. What an artist!!!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Amazing projects! And you are completing them so quickly! Hard to be lieve you are/were ever under the weather. Hope you are healing up well.
    Kathy

Sponsored