Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gibsona_gw

Thank you gift WIP

gibsona
15 years ago

Hoping to take all these things and make a thank-you gift for a wonderful woman that works for me. Exciting to actually have a project - even if it's only in my head at the moment. Will do my best to keep ya'll posted.

Have a good one!

Ann

Comments (18)

• cathyscache
    15 years ago

Looks like the beginnings of something cool!! Can't wait to see what it's gonna become..Cathy

• aka_strawberrygoat
    15 years ago

Bling!!

lots of pretties....I love sparkly!
    I was told it's the sign of OCD and ADD...
    is that true?

no matter, I love it!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oooooooooooooo - ANN: I can tell by the tess that this w/be a beeeuuutiful project. I recognize the metallic trim - have used that when I was making purses, and I have all those other things on hand except that wonderful rose. You did a great job of cutting that out. Huuuuuuuuuuury - anxious to see this one.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

OOOOH this is gonna be awesome, I can already tell from the selections... more pics!!!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

What a great pick of tess. I am anxious to see all that bling in place and your friend will adore it!

• gibsona
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Want more pics huh?? Well,here's all the great progress I've made in the last few days. . . . .

And that's not even glued down!! Hee!Hee!Hee! Let's face it - I'm just not as fast as some of you unnamed "Slow" people. :0) Promise I'm gonna work on it this weekend!
    Have a good one!
    Ann

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, look who's being a clown this morning. Git-er-done, ANN.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Ohhh shiney things!
    Why is getting started so very hard to do?
    We're with you Ann!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Yeah, Ann - stick that sucker on there and you'll be amazed at how you get addicted right away. Tapping my foot here.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

OHHHH!!! LOVE that cut out! I haven't seen it cut out like that before...only round ones...that is sooo cool!!!

• gibsona
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK, I've started. . .Once these set up, I'll move on, but because these beads aren't flat, they are moving all over at the slightest touch. Jane - doing the cutout was fun; trying to get it just right without breaking it.
    Thanks for pushing!
    Ann

• texaswild
    15 years ago

WONDERFUL! It's gonna be FABULOUS. I wondered how you'd use those beads. You've given me ideas in how to use mine.

• gibsona
    Original Author
    15 years ago

About half-way done. Hard to take picture of. I colored-in beads in 1 picture - not sure it helped. Will try to get some more done tonight but you can see in my drawing my hands are already pretty shaky. It's been great "chatting" with ya'll this weekend! I need to do this more often. Have a good one!
    Ann

• gibsona
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK. .almost finished! Call me crazy, but because this is on cement board and I just don't like how it feels, I've decided that on the other side, I'm going to do the woman's name with the purple beads and such in the original pictures. Then, I'm going to use the ribbon to finish the edges. Yea, haven't done anything in forever and now I'm doing a "two'fer".
    Have a good one!
    Ann

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well you should be very proud. Under your circumstances, I'm sure it was hard. However, I'll just bet doing this project has sorta given you a shot of inspiration to do another one. I know when I'm mosaicing, doing one always calls for another, then another. When I go for periods w/o mosaics, I loose momentum and the inspiration wanes. Don't stop - keep on going, you're doing beautifully. I love this piece. It means so much to see you at work again. When you grout it - I suggest dark - the letters are gonna stand out more. Congratulations, girlie. I KNEW you could do this.

• gibsona
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Slow! You're the best! I think I have a dark green grout that I want to try. Will keep you posted. Thanks again for the wonderful words. They are such a blessing.
    Have a good one!
    Ann

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Dark green was my favorite grout color for awhile. It's a wonderful background for your piece. Anxious for you to start another project.

• gibsona
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, here's side 2. Guess I was just dreaming about having a dark green grout. Think I'll just paint it green cuz that's really how I've pictured it. Let me know what you think.
    Have a good one!
    Ann

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County