Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bathroom backsplash/mirror surround

Posted by klinger (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 1, 09 at 22:54

I've been working on this project this week. I used stained glass in black, white, black/white swirls, pebbles, mirror,glass globs. I've mounted it all on a thin backerboard and adhered it around my main bathroom mirror. My main bath is all taupe colors with black and white accents so it goes well with them. I'm also going to do another project with the same materials to hang on the wall in there. A coworker lent me his scroll saw , so I just need to think of a great shape and get at it.I'll try and grout on my next days off at the end of this week. I'm thinking a grey grout, also thought of charcoal, white, and taupe. I have such a hard time to decide the grout color for all my projects it seems.
Any how here's my wip so far.
Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bathroom backsplash/mirror surround

Oh my gosh...you have been a busy girl this week as well!!! that is stunning and beautiful!!!I love the variation of textures. I love black grout, but not sure if the black tiles would stand out or not...maybe taupe would look great...

o

OMG, Klinger. That is gorgeous! You have an incredible eye. But then, I love everything you do. I was delighted to meet and share time with you, Slo and Calamity in Mexico. What great timing that we could all get together like that. And now you're back making beautiful art. What a great addition to your new house!

o

Klinger it is fantastic!! I absolutely love it!!! WOW!!!
Yeah I always have a problem deciding grout color too. But I too think taupe would be good for this one!! Can't wait to see it finished!! Cathy

o

I vote for 'camel'......

that is one fantastic wall...it's bold and daring and I love it!

o

Dang girl, this is absolutely stunning. I had to pick my eyes up off the puter desk. A double wow. LOve the colors.

o

Hangin' up my tools, giving away my stash and finding another hobby! I'm w/STRAWBERRY - camel grout.

o

SUPER! BEAUTIFUL! and so appropriate. You did a super job on this and I just love it. I can't bring myself to see the camel grout, but then, I like white, charcoal or black. But who knows? Camel might be just perfect< Keep up the great work gal.

o

My vote is charcoal grout!!!! Oh Man...I can hardly wait to see this in person...I'll be running back and forth from the kitchen to the bathroom looking at all this gorgeous stuff!ha!

Here is a link that might be useful: Klinger's Eye Candy

o

What a great idea to fancy up a plain mirror. It's wonderful!!

I have grout anxiety, so I'm no help!

o

Like every one says that looks great!

o

HOLY COW!!!!! That is gorgeous! you are a machine! Like that pink bunny....

o

I'm thinking this is just the inspiration I was looking for that w/make me paint/mosaic the outside of my front door. CINDY: This is truly beautiful.

o

whoa... Klinger! OMG thats AWESOME!

o

Wow! This is FANTASTIC!!! I lOVE all the different tess and your design is awesome! My bathroom mirror just looks naked now!

o

Holy Cow! that is soooo gorgeous! I really, really love the colors. Love the touches you are putting into your new home!

o
RE:she's done

I so waffled on the grout color, Strawberries suggestion of camel really appealed to me. I would stay in the same tones as everything else in the bath, yet be neutral enough to show the light and dark pieces. I ended up looking in my stash and having some sahara grout. I'd originally bought it to do the kitchen backsplash, then second thought that and ended up doing charcoal. Now that I've seen this though I really like it and it would have been a really good choice for the kitchen.The camera is washing it out a bit but I'm pleased with how it ended up. Added a lot of pizzazz into that bath.
Cindy

o

It's a knockout, and I think the grout color is perfect. Great goin', gal.

o

Turned out PERFECT Klinger. It's not taking you long to perty up your house since you moved in has it girlie?? It's just beautiful, would love to do that in our one bathroom. Did you work on this while it was on the wall?? If so, how the heck did you?? LOL

Great job, and I loved you eye candy sight Calamity showed us

What's next??

o

LOOKS AWESOME!!! Love that grout color...I may have to rethink my alsways dark grout now!!!hahaha!

o

I TOTALLY BOW TO YOU! all Hail Cindy!!!!!! thats so GORGEOUS!

o

Glad you all like it, I think the grout color turned out fine. I used thin boards, mosaiced them and then adhered them to the wall. Then grouted them on the wall.
Cindy

o

Now THAT's what I had envisioned - a nice tan grout, cuz when I saw the first pictures, it appeared to have a tan background. Absolutely wonderful. That must make you smile every time you walk in there, CINDY. You did a fabulous job.

o

What a snappy job. Excellent use of color and combo of various materials. Definitely shows your sense of style and color. Your grout choice is perfect!

o

Well that color grout just make those tiles pop!!! It's beautiful!!!

o

That turned out so cool !!! I so want to do one of those.

o

It turned out so beautiful! The grout looks perfect!

o

I would never have thought of camel in a million years, it really is perfect. Those passages of black and white checks among all the craziness unifies the whole thing too - it looks like a million bucks. how nice to have a reason to smile when you look in the bathroom mirror first thing in the morning!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here