Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Christopher' mosaic

Posted by rchovey (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 20, 09 at 22:13

Here is a mosaic "portrait" of my GS, Christopher. He is only 11yo, but the mosaic aged him quit a bit...LOL... grout is still wet, not cleaned, will try to finish it up tomorrow:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Christopher' mosaic

Christopher looks very nice, I'm sure he will love it!

o

He is gorgeous!!!! Great job!!! I love it and he surely will. Cathy

o

Good job. Can we see the original to see side by side?

o

Wow, that's impressive!!!

o

katishooked, here it is grout finished, cleaned and framed with the photograph I used for the sketch:

Photobucket

o

rchovey, It is Waaaa Hooo!!!! Yee Hah and what ever else!
amazing job!!! You should be sooooo proud!!!!!!!!!!!
WOWEEEEE!! Love it!!

o

A terrific likeness - you are REALLY good at portraits, girlie.

o

That is wonderful. I so want to do one for each of my kids and grandkids but I am just chicken to start!
What is that background?

o

texasfern, the background is Van Gogh glass. I like it because it seems to give the piece depth. I am fortunate to have a glass shop nearby and many times he has some really nice glass in the "scrap" pile for $1.50/lb. Unfortunately, this time he didn't have the color I wanted in the scrap pile, bought 2 sq ft of it, so I have some left for another time.

o

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here