Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Birch bark antique file cabinet--WIP

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 27, 09 at 21:24

Hi, I started another cabinet. I picked this antique file cabinet up @ a yard sale last summer. It was painted black w/ gold streaks(very ugly) but I re-finished it and it was better but jut needed something more. So I decided to make it match my TV cabinet. I cut leaves out of birch bark and am covering the door with the same drk brown and blk glass. I haven't decided yet if I will do the sides or not. I'll decide that later. I downloaded my pics wrong so please look at all 3 pics. Later, Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Birch bark antique file cabinet--WIP

SORRY!! I forgot to add the pics...Here they are

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP-Mosaic bitrch bark antique file cabinet

o

As I said before, I love your style.
The use of the upholtstery tacks is just elegant.

o

Fiished the glass and bark. Ran out of nails again. Will pick more up today. Will grout this evening.....Yee hah this one went fast!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP-Mosaic birch bark antique file cabinet

o

Another beautiful piece from Cathy!!! You've really got a good thing going there with your own style. I love having something unique that you can't go to the store and buy...

o

Ditto what EMT said.

o

Well another delay. I ran out of nails again...I got the last ones in town last week. So I've had to order them. So my cabinet door is on hold.

o

Oh rats. I was hoping for pictures.
Looking wonderful, can't wait.

o

It's finished!!!!! The nails came in today. Woo Hoo!!!! It's really much prettier than I could get a pic to show. I am just not a good picture taker, but hey what can I say..I am so glad to have one more done...the coffee table tomorrow, hopefully and then I can take a deep breath!!!!
It's snowing at the moment and it is such a beautiful snow....as much I hate to see it coming down I have to say it's really pretty...This is probably one of my favorite pieces....I really like the way this piece turned out. I wish I had better photographic skills....Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Finihsed-mosaic antique file cabinet

o

This glass-birchbark-furniture thing you've got going is so creative. Very nice!

o

That is plain danged spectacular. WHAT a beautiful piece of furniture. You are very good at this combo.

o

Thanks all for your so very nice and encouraging comments. When you start something new you just never know how it really gonna tuen out. What is in my head and the final product don't always match. But this time it actually did for a change!! I have to say we are all loving it. Even the hubby who was very, very skeptical at first. He loves it too!!!! Yeah!!!
And I just wish I could take better pics. But I sware I couldn't if my life depened on it! Thank goodnes it doesn't!!LOL
The coffee table is finished just have to wait for it to dry. Will post pics later tonight or in the morning. Thanks all again, Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here