Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bench Seat

Posted by emtnest (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 21, 09 at 21:21

This is what I have been working on today. It is ready now to dry and grout. It sits on two planter boxes, one at each end. I do like the way it turned out.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo bucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bench Seat

I love your pattern choice. It looks fabulous.

o

Your bench looks very nice, it will look wonderful when all done up for sure!

o

It's beautiful..Love the blue tiles...

o

It's beautiful! I really love the tiles, where on earth do you find tiles like that? Everything I find in the tile stores is bland and boring. Lovely job!!

o

thank you so much for such kind comments... I have a place that sells flooring, carpet, tile, and they bought out a swimming pool tile place that was going out of business and they have all these boxes of tile that they sell relatively cheap... and they are gorgeous tiles! They are outside under a covering and one can just go out there and pick through what they want...it is such fun. And, of course I stocked up on some of my favorites...after doing my kitchen counters I figured I could tile anything...

o

Indeed you can "tile anything". Bravo!!! Beautiful. A blue tile like that would cost $4-$5. at Lowes.
susie

o

You did a great job on this seat. Is it the typical cement seat, and what do the planters look like. I am wanting do do something for son and DIL. Keep shying away from the usual.

Kathy

o

Kathy, the planters are just boxes and the seat sits between them and on top of them at the edge. I have to paint the planters and grout and seal the seat, so when I get that done and put in place I will take a pic. The seat was made out of wood slats with wood frame. I just covered the whole thing with backerboard and tiled over that. It was all here when we bought the house, so I just spruced it up a bit.

o

o

I do love the colors! Great work and great tiles.
How lucky of you to find such a great supply source.
Enjoyed your Smilebox, beautiful work.

o

emtnest, What a wonderful bench!! I wish I could start planting...but won't be able to plant here til end of May...summers too short here...beautiful but too short...love the bench

o

Em your bench turned out great. Colors are great, planters are great, garden is great. Guess what????? Great job.

Kathy

o

What a nice idea - lovely job, and I liked your Smilebox show.

o

Ahhh thank ya'll for such nice comments...gonna take a nice vacation now and look for wildflowers down hwy 395 in CA and over to Nevada desert...

o

Love your bench!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here