Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emtnest

Bench Seat

emtnest
15 years ago

This is what I have been working on today. It is ready now to dry and grout. It sits on two planter boxes, one at each end. I do like the way it turned out.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (15)

• christi508
    15 years ago

I love your pattern choice. It looks fabulous.

• charmo
    15 years ago

Your bench looks very nice, it will look wonderful when all done up for sure!

• cathyscache
    15 years ago

It's beautiful..Love the blue tiles...

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

It's beautiful! I really love the tiles, where on earth do you find tiles like that? Everything I find in the tile stores is bland and boring. Lovely job!!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you so much for such kind comments... I have a place that sells flooring, carpet, tile, and they bought out a swimming pool tile place that was going out of business and they have all these boxes of tile that they sell relatively cheap... and they are gorgeous tiles! They are outside under a covering and one can just go out there and pick through what they want...it is such fun. And, of course I stocked up on some of my favorites...after doing my kitchen counters I figured I could tile anything...

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Indeed you can "tile anything". Bravo!!! Beautiful. A blue tile like that would cost $4-$5. at Lowes.
    susie

• katishooked
    15 years ago

You did a great job on this seat. Is it the typical cement seat, and what do the planters look like. I am wanting do do something for son and DIL. Keep shying away from the usual.

Kathy

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, the planters are just boxes and the seat sits between them and on top of them at the edge. I have to paint the planters and grout and seal the seat, so when I get that done and put in place I will take a pic. The seat was made out of wood slats with wood frame. I just covered the whole thing with backerboard and tiled over that. It was all here when we bought the house, so I just spruced it up a bit.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago
  • texasfern
    15 years ago

I do love the colors! Great work and great tiles.
    How lucky of you to find such a great supply source.
    Enjoyed your Smilebox, beautiful work.

• cathyscache
    15 years ago

emtnest, What a wonderful bench!! I wish I could start planting...but won't be able to plant here til end of May...summers too short here...beautiful but too short...love the bench

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Em your bench turned out great. Colors are great, planters are great, garden is great. Guess what????? Great job.

Kathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

What a nice idea - lovely job, and I liked your Smilebox show.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ahhh thank ya'll for such nice comments...gonna take a nice vacation now and look for wildflowers down hwy 395 in CA and over to Nevada desert...

• cait1
    15 years ago

Love your bench!!!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor