Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help hanging gog picture frame..

Posted by culateru2 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 11 at 20:41

I am making a gog mosaic from a glass picture frame. I am gluing/silicone the glass to the frame and than mosaicing. But I don't know the best way to add a chain or hanging some other way. The frame is wood but it is not the thick. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help hanging gog picture frame..

What size frame are we taliking about, a picture hanging set of hangers(kinda a triangle) comes with small screws?
Will this be inside or outside?

o

It is around 16 x 20 inches, hanging inside. It is just the gog (I removed the backing). The frame is kinda narrow so I wasnt sure if the picture hanger things will work, although it isn't that heavy. Also is there any other ideas if I want to hang with chains?
Thanks again for any help

o

Go to an auto glass or any kind of place that sells mirrors. They have heavy-duty hangers. That's where I buy all my hangers. The long strap kind has two and sometimes three holes for screws. They also have smaller half-circle hangers w/two screw holes. Sometimes I find those at Walmart. You can use an "S" hook w/which to attach your chains. I like things hung w/chains too.

o

Do you have any recommendations for a chain store/web site? I will take a look at a mirror store too..

o

Check Lowes or your local hardware store or Google for websites selling decorative chains.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here