Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

WIP -- Peacock

toomuchglass
12 years ago

I hate posting things that are just started because they're so ugly in the beginning ! But I love the step by step , watching it getting better & better.I know you all do too . This is a Peacock I'm doing . I cut the shape of a peacock out of plywood . ( about 20" square)I painted the whole thing black , because I don't want to use any grout & I wanted any empty spaces to show black. No plan - no directions , just do it as I go. Gulp !!! Here's the

"ugly" beginning :)

{{gwi:126895}}

Comments (12)

• texaswild
    12 years ago

M'lady - there's nothing ugly about this beginning. It's gonna be fabulous. Sure wish I could get my hands on some of the pieces you're using. What are the oval gems surrounded in what looks like rhinestones? And the aqua round ones w/the heart-shaped middle between beads. I LOVE everything about this. Very creative and PRETTY. I LOVE PRETTY.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

WOW!!! I am Peacock obsessed and this is sooo wonderful!! I wanna do 2 peacock projects, a GOG and a Planter!!! This is soo nice!! Work in Progress pics are a RULE on this forum!lol! At the beginning of my road there is about 15+ wild peacocks and right now they are super beautiful and just inspire me to do those colors!! Love this jewelery pc you are making!!! How big is it?

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ! I've already gotten farther on it since this picture. . The gems are things I bought long ago . They're domed and pattererned . They look like fancy buttons.
    ( Hard to describe ) This hunk of wood is heavy ! It's about 20" square. I sure hope this turns out .

• texaswild
    12 years ago

W/you working on it, it doesn't have a chance of being unsuccessful. This w/be so interesting to watch develop.

• silvamae
    12 years ago

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Blingy!

• klinger
    12 years ago

This looks like it's going to be beautiful. I like your idea of painting the wood and not grouting. Jane is very peacock obsessed, their colors are so beautiful.

• emtnest
    11 years ago

It's already beautiful!!! Jane, how about posting some peacock photos?

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Heres some pics of the wild peacocks...of course my pics don't do them justice, and the time I saw them all fanned out...I did not have my camera!!!

{{gwi:140403}}

{{gwi:140404}}

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Simply beautiful ! I have some tail feathers in a vase in my craft room . I love the irridized look of the feathers.
    They sure are one of God's masterpieces !

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Yes! Me Too! I have counted 11 all at the same time...last year I saw babies!!! There was reported to be 17 but now there are babies too. HURRY post more work in progress pics!!!! This is so inspiring...I KNOW I am gonna do a GOG one very soon!!!

• emtnest
    11 years ago

Thanks Jane, love the peacocks!!!

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Oh pooh - I expected to see an update on this project. Anxious to see more, TOOMUCH.

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company