Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PV Workshop Project

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 17:57

Squeezed this in. Getting hard to find a place to hang my junk. Best friend Jeannie gave me the lighted statue.
PV Workshop Project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PV Workshop Project 0ops

o
RE: PV Workshop Project

I love your piece. SW work fascinates me with its neatness and colors. I really envy ppl who can do pique assiette well.

o

That is Charming! I love it; truly inspiring (and I need some inspiration right now).

o

Thanks, WACKY. StJohnsGypsy sent me a link to Susan's Facebook - I'm not a member - check out her FB for more pictures. Her other students' work was fabulous. I just don't have access to vintage china like they do in CO. Susan and her following work in very small shards, and hardly leave any grout space - very nice technique.

SILVA: Force yourself to work on something small - it'll come.

o

oooh I didn't know you were taking Susan Wechsler's workshop. her work is really tight and beautiful isn't it? that is really really lovely - great color combinations. Do you make your own substrate for these?

o

VERY tight, which is nice. I could have cut this out, but Susan insisted. She sent our substrates to us b/f we left. One other student had this shape, which S. calls a Tuscan Window. If I'd cut it, I'd not have put the little wings on the sides, and made a more iconic top. Rest of the students had large Spirit Houses, which I didn't want. She was very accommodating. I'm gonna cut a window soon and mosaic it completely different - w/climbing roses and real vintage lace curtains. I can see a window box w/porcelain flowers too. Dreams!!!

o

ooh interesting! I'm gonna go see her work on her FB page and see if I can see all the different window styles.

I know what you mean about the china, its definitely what sets her little dresses apart from other ppl's,

I can't wait to see what you come up with on your own.

o

I am sitting at work, less than five minutes away from Susan's studio. I should probably take advantage of my location, huh?
Becky

o

DEFINITELY. You'll learn lots from her. Better yet, why doncha start saving to go to her workshop in PV next year. She's making a wonderful niche. Check out this site:
My Paradise

o

It looks great !! You do good . I think I am lost some where . I did do a cross for a little girl who has cancer and they are doing a benefit.and a butterfly .

o

Pictures, NANA, please.

o

Very pretty, Slow! Love the flowers and the colors. Looks beautiful.

o

Nana, come and visit me, or I will come visit you, and we will talk mosaics and maybe exchange some tess and get your creative mojo going again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here