Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

PV Workshop Project

texaswild
11 years ago

Squeezed this in. Getting hard to find a place to hang my junk. Best friend Jeannie gave me the lighted statue.
PV Workshop Project

Comments (13)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago
  • wackyweeder
    11 years ago

I love your piece. SW work fascinates me with its neatness and colors. I really envy ppl who can do pique assiette well.

• silvamae
    11 years ago

That is Charming! I love it; truly inspiring (and I need some inspiration right now).

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, WACKY. StJohnsGypsy sent me a link to Susan's Facebook - I'm not a member - check out her FB for more pictures. Her other students' work was fabulous. I just don't have access to vintage china like they do in CO. Susan and her following work in very small shards, and hardly leave any grout space - very nice technique.

SILVA: Force yourself to work on something small - it'll come.

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

oooh I didn't know you were taking Susan Wechsler's workshop. her work is really tight and beautiful isn't it? that is really really lovely - great color combinations. Do you make your own substrate for these?

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

VERY tight, which is nice. I could have cut this out, but Susan insisted. She sent our substrates to us b/f we left. One other student had this shape, which S. calls a Tuscan Window. If I'd cut it, I'd not have put the little wings on the sides, and made a more iconic top. Rest of the students had large Spirit Houses, which I didn't want. She was very accommodating. I'm gonna cut a window soon and mosaic it completely different - w/climbing roses and real vintage lace curtains. I can see a window box w/porcelain flowers too. Dreams!!!

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

ooh interesting! I'm gonna go see her work on her FB page and see if I can see all the different window styles.

I know what you mean about the china, its definitely what sets her little dresses apart from other ppl's,

I can't wait to see what you come up with on your own.

• ItsmeChickadee
    11 years ago

I am sitting at work, less than five minutes away from Susan's studio. I should probably take advantage of my location, huh?
    Becky

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

DEFINITELY. You'll learn lots from her. Better yet, why doncha start saving to go to her workshop in PV next year. She's making a wonderful niche. Check out this site:
    My Paradise

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

It looks great !! You do good . I think I am lost some where . I did do a cross for a little girl who has cancer and they are doing a benefit.and a butterfly .

• texaswild
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pictures, NANA, please.

• loribee2
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Slow! Love the flowers and the colors. Looks beautiful.

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Nana, come and visit me, or I will come visit you, and we will talk mosaics and maybe exchange some tess and get your creative mojo going again.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz