Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Robert Dancik inspired Necklace

texaswild
10 years ago

Made of faux bone, copper wire, purchased glass and copper beads. Tiny chain is from hardware from a vintage purse. The rest - jump rings, large and small and clasp are made from iron (rebar) wire - very tough stuff.
jewelry

Comments (14)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I meant to post this on the conversation side. I haven't posted in so long, it was confusing - the new changes in uploading pictures. Soooooorrrrry.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

Glad you posted it here because I don't check out the conversation side. This is so pretty Betty!

• silvamae
    10 years ago

That's so cool. If you had posted on the Conversations side, I probably wouldn't have seen it. I've posted several things on there over the last year or two and no one saw, so I don't think to check there anymore.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah, but won't I get in trouble posting non-mosaics here? I post on Flickr, but don't know how many of y'all check there. Thanks for your comments.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

I would certainly hope not...I would leave here if someone had a problem with this!

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Girlie...You GOTTA post WHATEVER your making here! Inquiring minds wanna know!!!
    This is super! You are super multi talented!!

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Girlie...You GOTTA post WHATEVER your making here! Inquiring minds wanna know!!!
    This is super! You are super multi talented!!

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

My goodness.....your talents are unending! I LOVE those necklaces! Bet they are amazing on. And as for me, you can post anything! I love seeing ALL your works.

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Marvelous! YOu are multi talented for sure.

Kathy

• meadel
    10 years ago

Wow, that is awesome .I love those squiggles.and that chain is really neat!
    Your talents ARE boundless! And ..I agree, you must post on this side!!
    I wasn't familiar with Robert Dancik, so I googled his work.and it's really cool.
    Thanks! I've been percolating some mixed media ideas and his work ..as well as yours will feed my imagination.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, thanks, y'all. MEADEL: I'm also into mixed media - art journaling, altered art on canvas etc. For a few examples, I'm giving a link. I've filled my first art journal.
    Mixed media

• meadel
    10 years ago

O.m.g. Seriously drooling.

I've inherited a wall of nuts and bolts. I'm determined to use them in a cityscape. Thanks for the inspiration !!

• brokenbitmosaics
    10 years ago

A really nice piece! I like it.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, BITS. Can't wait to see what you, MEADEL do w/your inheritance. Sounds very interesting. I had a friend many years ago who made a city scape out of scrap wood she got from a carpenter's shop - rectangles, squares and triangles from what my memory tells me were 2X4s , 4X4s, and other sizes. It was fabulous and HUGE. Was a great piece of art on her wall.