Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Passion and Sea Journey finished

silvamae
13 years ago

Slow, Sea Journey, also known as grouting nightmare -- done! Also, Passion, a grouting nightmare to a lesser degree, done! Yay! I am now starting on another guitar. This weather is conducive to getting creative! I grouted outside and kind of enjoyed it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's latest two projects ... DONE!

Comments (12)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are gorgeous!

All your projects are so inspiring.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I L.O.V.E. them both So Much!!! I didn't know you were going to add a frame to Passion, Love the colors! And the Sea Journey is so gorgeous! and I love the frame for it! Great Job!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you both! Calam, almost everything I do, I first mess up and then figure out how to correct it! Haha. When I glued the rows of black and brown tile as a border, I had a feeling that I was making a mistake. Because of the way stretched canvas is bunched up on the corners, the tile on each of the four corners was sticking out and didn't look right. So I struggled with what to do. This is my solution; I borrowed the frame from a print I had hanging, and it works well.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I too love them both !!!You did such a great job!!I love your work.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oooh thank you, nanatricia!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

SILVA - both are sooooooo beautiful, but my favorite is the Sea Journey. You REALLY nailed this one. Every single piece of it is pure genius. From the furled glass on upper right, the appearance of a huge furl (where the fish swims over it - the way you put the light piece behind the darker piece in front - each piece of tess goes right where it should - right down to the beautifully mitered frame. This is one of your best pieces. On Passion, I love how you made the red go in different directions at the top - tess is perfectly chosen. I'll be visiting these pieces again - beautiful eye candy.

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say, how much I loved your sea piece, but slow did it for me. Beautiful.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, you guys. I love your comments.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

They are both marvelous. SJ is my fave as well and the frame is a perfect finish. Great work.
    Kathy
    ps
    I'm a follower of your blog, but I havent' been in blog land for a month or more.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sea Journey still looked like it needed something, so I put it inside an oak frame and now I am happy with it. Here's the funny thing. The large mushroom button coral piece in the lower left originally came from a shadow box that I bought up the road at a garage sale (for 50 cents). I tore the whole thing apart, took out the coral, used it in this mosaic, and started to throw away the shadow box frame, but kept it, and then come to find out, it fits the canvas that I used to mosaic this piece. Total serendipity.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sea Journey - framed

• loribee2
    13 years ago

Wow, I can see why sea journey was a nightmare to grout, but it was worth it. I love the way the colors pop!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Cool!! It turned out great!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!