Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there such a thing as the Spring Doldrums?

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 16:52

I haven't accomplished much over the last month. Trying to jog myself out of this SLUMP! Please check out my blog; I got some supplies today and hopefully I will get back in the Swing of Things!

http://www.mosaicroad.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's mosaic blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there such a thing as the Spring Doldrums?

Definitely, SILVA - slumps can come at any time. I usually have them right after I finish a project, if I don't have another one in mind. I'm working outside now, pulling weeds, re-arranging flower beds, and getting ready to plant annuals, so I'm not mosaicing. I thought you'd be going great guns w/your kiln by now. All it takes is to make a teensy start, and the inspiration comes roaring in.

o

Oh Silva... you got some nice things there... hoping the inspiration comes soon..maybe just start something and see...how fun for you to get those presents...

o

Thank you! Yes, I will pick it back up again; spring break is over and the grand ones go back to school on Monday. I dinked around with the kiln a couple of times and was disappointed with my results; what I know about fusing glass would fit in a teaspoon. But last night I thought about fusing glass all night long so I'm sure I will be trying again soon, probably Monday or Tuesday. I think what I will do is make a list of all the projects I want to do and then just close my eyes and circle my finger around and around and blindly point to the paper and JUST PICK ONE!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here