Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Continuing Bathroom WIP

texaswild
14 years ago

Been a long time since I worked on the bathroom mosaics. Since it's impossible for this old body to work directly on the wall, except for the shells and gems, I cut three pieces of luan for the substrate. Bordered around it directly w/red glass gems and added shells, painted purple w/Rub and Buff. Don't know where I'll go next, but I like it so far.

Wall jewelry in bathroom WIP

Comments (28)

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

LOVE that mirror and the light sconces too!!! Lovely!!! Cindy and I hung out today and she scored some plates to nip and I scored some more slate for outdoor projects and some 1/2" thick cement board...it was in a throw away pile and I hauled it all out!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was wondering just yesterday what you were up to. Sure w/be nice to see some pictures of some of your latest projects. How about the kiln work?

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Beautiful!
    Kathy

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

very cool Slow, love that "draped" shape,

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

That is very cool!!Love it

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Well, isn't that just great? I love it, if nothing else, it will lift me out of my dumps. I will get my grouting clothes on and get busy. I have done so many things since I have been recovering and now I may be able to lift them to grout. You have done a great job so far. Are you going all the way with this? Is this the front or back bath?

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Wowzer Slow...you are such a busy girl!!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

FLAG: Didn't maybe, kinda, sorta, no - REALLY didn't mean to go this far, but I couldn't find a stopping place. Hope to be ready to start the filler of broken mirror tomorrow. It's so much fun, I just got outta control. Yea, EMT - should be outside working in the gardens!!!
    WIP Continues

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I so wish I had your energy.With lupes and fibro it saps me when I over do .
    Ilove it!!

• silvamae
    14 years ago

WOW! You are really rocking that bathroom! Wish I had your energy!!!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Good God Gerty! This is your bath off your bedroom! No need for coffee to wake up, just wash your face and look around, youll wake up!
    This is just awesome, so bright and so Slow. Love it!
    You go girly.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yeah, I sorta got carried away. Filling in now w/mirror - very slow work on a ladder.

• hadiya
    14 years ago

Nice Work, Really Looking Nice...

Here is a link that might be useful: Hadiya

• daisy522
    14 years ago

All I can say is WOW!
    I am a collector of ideas and good intentions, but so far a "doer" of little! One of these days, when I retire!......
    So when is the open house?

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

SLOW: How absolutely amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! All of it!! WOW!!!! I'm still healing but better every day. I can't wait to get back to my porjects.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, y'all. Have missed you, CATHY.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm so sick of this project I could spill my cookies in the sink. It's done - misatakes and all.
    Bathroom Wall Finished

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it!!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

HOLY COW U LITTLE HEIFER!!!!!! That is AMAZING!!!!! WOOOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE-Is all I can say!!!! LOVE IT!!!

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

it is AWESOME! I cannot believe you - I'm tired just imagining doing all that!

• realrose
    14 years ago

Like everyone else WOW, looks great. I want to paint my bathroom & can't get motivated. Amazing. Just beautiful, Enjoy!

• gcpommom
    14 years ago

This is really amazing Slow!! Everything just flows and everywhere you look there is something wonderful...bravo!

Question for you: if I am going to mosaic a 7" strip across my bathroom wall(where I currently have a wallpaper border) do I have to put up backerboard first? I can't thinset onto drywall, right?

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, y'all. GC: I did - right over the painted drywall for above the backsplash - except the first application at the tippy top. I put those three pieces on plywood cuz I couldn't work that high. On the counter/backsplash, I put backerboard over plywood. I used Mapei UltraFlex II mortar for the adhesive, and on the grout for the counter/backsplash, I mixed half grout and half mortar.

• gcpommom
    14 years ago

thanks for the tips, Slow...probably won't tackle it right away, but soon!

• shellybelly26
    14 years ago

oh slow its absolutly beautiful good work.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. Nice to see you back, SHELLY.

• aka_strawberrygoat
    14 years ago

that's stunning, no matter how sick you say you are of it, I never, ever get tired of that project and again, I have deleted the picture on the computer screen for one of your pieces of work...lol
    so, the one of the 3 on the far right is the one I have on monitor now.
    do you mind taking a picture of the entire work, standing out in the hallway?..
    I'd just like a perspective of it and will most likely put that one on the monitor...lol

love it!....just love it.

Becky

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, hey, girlie: Nice to see you back too. Re your request for a picture of the entire work, don't I WISH my bathroom was large enough for me to get a shot of the whole thing. No way is that possible - the b.r. is off my bedroom, and not large enough for me to step back for a shot. I'm very flattered, though, that you like it so much.

Sponsored