Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wackyweeder

Coffee with Gustav

wackyweeder
15 years ago

This is a Klimt inspired piece with china, vitreous, stained glass and beads on a ceramic floor tile. Took me forever.

Comments (14)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

Looks beautiful WW! gorgeous work!

• cathyscache
    15 years ago

Very, very nice..gorgeous!!!! wonderful piece....CATHY

• charmo
    15 years ago

Looks really good, I'll have one please!

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

Yes that is real cool!

• ans_garden
    15 years ago

I love Klimt and this is beautiful, and I love coffee :)
    Since you did it on a ceramic tile, do you plan to use it in a tile project?

• wishdish
    15 years ago

Oh, I love this. I can smell it now!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

What great eye candy! The colors, textures.....all of it.
    Great stuff.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, Oh, OHHHH! WACKY - this is beautiful. I'm not familiar w/Klimt, so I'm gonna Google that right now. GORGEOUS - love that red. What kind of glass is that, and where did you get it?

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I searched him out myself Slow, and wow! I really like his work.
    Thanks Wacky for teaching and old dawg new tricks!

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey guys, thanks a lot! I just bought a plain ol piece of ruby cathedral at Hobby Lobby. I painted white behind it because that ruby is really rich. I wanted a chinese red, but couldnt find any plain without swirls and stuff.
    The particular Klimt piece I drew this from was called Hygeia...here a pic, I love that thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hygeia

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, how wonderful. Yes, I saw that piece in my morning perusal of his gallery site. Very unique painting style has he, and I LOVE your Klimt-inspired piece. That red is just gorgeous. Last time HobLob had a sale, I special ordered eight pieces of red, but it isn't as pretty as yours.

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You can special order glass at HL? Do tell! I dont have anyplace else nearby and shipping on glass is horrendous!
    How do you do that?

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, I should correct that. When it was on sale, I bought all the red they had, and the clerk said another order was due in the next day or two, and I had her save me eight sheets of that order. It was a little hassle when I went to pick it up. They had it wrapped in the back room, and I had to wait a little bit, but I still got the sale price and all the glass I wanted. THAT was my special order. They WILL take your request off the top of their next order.

• wackyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well burst my little bubble. I buy most of my glass there, I only wish they had more selection, but its very reasonable prices for the size pieces.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County