Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorative door sconce

Posted by BrokenBitMosaics (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 15:35

We felt that the V's next to the door could use a little something extra.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorative door sconce

close up

o

Pretty!

o

Very pretty, How did you ever get matching pieces?
Kathy

o

OK, l'il lady: You got some 'splainin' to do. The close up appears to be a piece of wood for the backing, then a piece of metal on which you've mosaiced a beautiful design. It's gorgeous. That whole V thing could take even more, as well as above the door. A decorator's paradise - waiting for more decorations. Lovely.

o

Hey Slow, I thought of adding more....but didn't want to get carried away.

The decorative cut outs are 2 different thin wooden pieces from Michaels.

The bottom one is painted with Hammered Aluminum paint. The top one is painted with Metallic Sliver Paint.

The red beads are faux pearls. The diamonds at top and bottom are earrings. The red pieces in the middle are from 2 separate pairs of earrings. The red jewels are from a stretchy bracelet.

All the jewelry came from my favorite everything is $1 Jewelry store named Bedazzel. I had to put myself on a Bedazzel budget because it's right in front of the Walmart that I shop at.

Thanks for the compliments.

o

Love the repeat of the oval shape. You're right, those diamond-shaped areas were just calling for something cool to set them off.

o

LOL - getting carried away seems to be in my DNA. I never can find a stopping place. You have a good mix of tess, and you used it all beautifully.

o

Lovely! Ohh boy, you started something now...between you and Slowmedown and her doors...I am feeling the Plain Jane-ness of my doors....lol!!! I may have to get busy next on my gog front door panel!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here