Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Hanging Garden Planter

texaswild
13 years ago

Metal Hardware Cloth w/mortar and mixed media mosaic. It's getting harder for me to cut the diamond lath, so used the hardware cloth for this one. Going to order from Spectrum Home Furnishings some red crystal pendants and do some hangy down things on the cup handles. The yellow shards are cut from vintage dinnerware made in Portugal. I found them at a flea mkt - whole set of soup bowls, cups and salad plates. Wonderful find for $10.

Garden Planter

Comments (16)

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

I love this thing, danglies will be awesome!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I am loving this !!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, ladies.

• glassgypsy
    13 years ago

Wow! The colors are just beautiful.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOVE it! Klinger gave me one that I still haven't done anything with yet...here is one I did do....

Here is a link that might be useful:

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooooooooooh I remember that one, CALAM - GORGEOUS. This sorta answers my question in the other post "calling for C", in which I asked to see the one hanging in the background on your castle album. Get busy.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

They are both gorgeous. Wonderful use of cup handles and danglies.
    Do you actually put plants in them?
    Kathy

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

CONCRETE: Thank you. You must not have seen my fountain surround. The first part of the whole thing was built a couple yrs. ago, and I added to it last year. Yes, the coned-shaped planters hold plants nicely. The large one on the right - on the ground - holds a Japanese Maple Tree.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

So fantastic! I would love to do something large scale outside. But what a gargantuan effort. You must spend a lot of time every day mosaicking.
    The result is definitely worth the time I would say!
    Kathy

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Aboslutely awesome!!! Love the hanging planter, the colors looks so good together. I would have to do something on the smaller scale, but slow your fountain surround is breath takingly beautiful!!!! as is all your work!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you both. CONCRETE - To me this wasn't much of an effort. When you think of using whole sheets of the diamond lath, there's not much detail in making the armature, then applying the mortar - that's not REAL hard for a young person. Had I not hurt my back last summer, I'd be working on a small extension on the right side. I haven't given up yet - hope to get it done w/the help of my yard man, and the mosaicing I can do on mesh to apply. I can no longer work down on the ground. To me, this w/never be finished until the right side has a piece added.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Maybe I can help you with this project you mention...When I get there!!!!! WhooHoo! That's right folks! I'm going to visit Slow!!!! FUN! FUN! FUN!!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, CALAM: WHAT AN OFFER. You know what - I might just take you up on that. All I want is a giant swirl out of the mesh. I'll have my yard man put down a couple of the heavy-duty rebar to tie it to. Then I'll set about to cut out the shape b/f you get here, and you/I can mortar it. Man, what an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WhooHoo! Sounds like I get a whole perfect vacation coming up!!!!

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

You two are going to have some fun!

Slow - I'm loving everything about that hanging planter, the design, colours, shape, but especially those flower petals - lovely texture and colour. Lucky you finding a whole set of those dishes!

Sheryll

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Many thanks. I have another one ready to grout, but am hung up on the castle. Getting ready to slap on the mortar, then I'll grout the planter.