Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sealants??

Posted by anneinva_2009 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 15:15

Hi, I make mosaic turtles. Usually I seal with tile lab grout sealer. But I have seen epoxy on flat things. Also one person on a board uses clear auto body sealer. I think the epoxy is really cool looking but this is not a flat object and I don't think it will work. does anyone have experience with the epoxy on 3d objects or with auto paint? thanksPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sealants??

That is an adorable turtle! As for the epoxy, it's about the toughest substance out there. I have trouble believing it couldn't go on anything. Unfortunately, I have no real experience with it in the application you're suggesting. If you don't get an answer, maybe try fashioning up something quick and cheap that you wouldn't mind getting ruined (i.e., NOT that adorable turtle), give it a shot and see how it turns out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here