Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kate's Shrine

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 15:02

Went on a working visit to my Bro's, and returned yesterday. This shrine has no name - it's for my granddaughter. I'll let her name it and decide to either put something permanent inside or have it a changeable focal. Made from a grape crate from CA, w/wood pieces to heighten the top and mixed media mosaic.
Kate's Un-named Shrine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kate's Shrine

LOVE the crown and the blue bottle pc!!! And the danglies off the red swag over the top! Hope you took pics of the job at Bro's!!!

o

Beautiful!!!!!!

o

Wowza that's quite the shine and shrine...she's sure to love that!!!

o

Thanks, y'all. CALAM: I'll ask Becky - my neice - to take a picture. I didn't take my camera, and besides - I worked so hard I was too tired to do anything but shower and lie down and moan. Tiled and grouted about six or seven feet of countertop and backsplash, helped w/some landscaping and setting up of a water feature. Even w/my ailing back I can outwork my Bro, bless his l'il heart.

o

It looks like it belongs in a Palace ! Awesome !!!!

o

Thanks, TOOMUCH.

o

I'd also love to see the work you did at your bros. I love Kates shrine, of course I love all your shrines and I've done NONE. Can't beleive it, every time I see one of yours I get the urge to do one and no follow thru, poo.

o

Thanks, KLINGER. I love making shrines and crosses. Re the work at Bro's - it was just plain white tiles w/a small blue center- nothing exciting about store bought white tiles. I will try to get my neice to take a picture. She's pretty busy right now working on the landscaping project I started.

o

I like the way you added height to the top. I will remember that when I finally make my first shrine. Love the purple. Way cool piece.

o

Thanks, SILVA. I have a love of boxes - even in my youth, and am always looking for a way to use them. The "builder" in me loves to make things different than the intended purpose of the object. You've said you want to make a shrine. I surely wish you'd DO IT. I w/love to see what you make cuz I need more inspiration.

o

Slow, all of us kids are like that. When my brothers were small and they got a truck or wagon for Christmas, within an hour they had taken them apart and put the wheels and axles on cardboard boxes. My sister and I took our new doll's clothes off and made her a dress out of an old sock. So funny. I love cigar boxes and have a collection of them I've never done anything with!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here