Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Door WIP

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 14:41

Got one pane glued, and the paint around it. Gotta cut more green tiles, but I think I better finish painting the door's first coat first. Bright, sunny day, and I should be pulling weeds!!!!
Front Door Beginnings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Door WIP

That's looking really nice slow! Wanna come and do mine after???lol! Seems you don't stop much, good for you!

o
RE: Front Door WIP - and

Got the first coat of paint slopped on - probably needs two more coats rolled on. I went about this a$$ backwards. Shoulda polished the hardware brass first, then painted, then mosaiced. Was too anxious to get the pretty stuff on. Here's an update. Got the mail slot scrubbed, and w/continue that next time and coat them w/a lacquer, dang it! CHARMO - I think one of these w/be quite enough for me, thanks. Gotta get back to the yardwork tomorrow morn b/f playing w/this door.
Update door WIP

o

SMD- I love your castle!!! The door will be like a storybook entrance. Way-to-go! susie

o

The door will be beautiful. It was fun to look at your work again. I hadn't seen the frog in the mosaic sink/ birdbath before. He seems quite at home!
kathy

o

AWESOME stuff Slow!

o

Woman, when do you sleep?! Looks like the beginnings of another awesome Slow project.
Have a good one!
Ann

o

WOWZER! I knew it would be great, but that is to die for. I love it....gotta come see that.

o

Yes girl that is so cool!!!!!! I need to do somthing with my door just mayby.Just to cool!!

o

Thanks, y'all. Sure gonna brighten up the dark entry. Gonna pull a few weeds b/f getting back to it.

o

GORGEOUS Slow. You make me dizzy. I've been doing my bathroom this week and am about done in. Today no rain so outside I go.

o

I KNEW this would be awesome! Can't really see the panels yet but I'm totally lovin' the idea!! Get back to work, we need more pics! haha!

o

You are so amazing slow ! The door looks wonderful.
What talent and energy you have.

o

You rock, i so love all your stuff.

o

Well, many thanks, y'all. I only got the second panel finished yesterday except the outside green border. Pulled weeds and cleaned flowerbeds for nearly two hrs., then a friend stopped by for an hr., so I didn't have much energy left. Rain in the forcast today, and I have to re-stock the larder. Hope I can cut a few tiles and glue them on in the afternoon. Y'all make me smile.

o

Slow, you are a wonder gal!! It is amazing what you and your imagination come up with. I just LOVE the front door, the colors the ambiance says Come on it and sit a spell. but dont' mind me if i keep working!! rofl.

no, really it is truly perfect entrance to your kingdom, I can't wait to see you finish this one.!

o

Its beautiful! Just perfect. and I love the cross hanging there too. and the sink/bb and the grotto! You home is a wonderland!

o

Well I again thank y'all for your comments. Hope to work on the door after I plant a flat of Salvia in a few minutes. I have been advised to go crazy and wild, my usual style, and fill the whole door, but I think I'll stop w/the panes and a small design around the top glass. What say y'all. Any opinions positive or negative are much appreciated.

o
RE: Front Door WIP - and

Made a LITTLE progress after cleaning flowerbeds and planting. Man is it tough on this worn out body to get down that low to work on the bottom pane. That confirms that I w/NOT be adding more to it than a design at the top. Too much pain, and I like the pink dishes (got these at Freds a couple/three yrs. ago and never used them) w/the pink of the door. You can see the reflection in the mirror tiles of the roses blooming at the front door. Old Blush is starting to burst w/her traffic stopping beauty. Postman w/need a machete to get to the mail slot b/f long.
Third pane glued

o

"BLING TOWN"!!!!!! I love it. It is things like this creation of yours that make me want to do mosaics!!!! I am totally excited for you!!! susie

o

WOW! I guess all I can say is I love it. What a great idea you had. This has turned out great. I guess you will have to stand on your head one more day and do the bottom? Then the top will be a step stool. Great work, I am very proud for you.

o

Slow your door is WOW-SA!!! I love it!!! People are gonna stop and take pics!! Probably already do by the looks of your beautiful yard ...It snowed here better part of the day so I just stayed busy. How's the weeding coming along? Can't wait to see final pics...

o

Thanks, y'all. Yeah, I'm liking this, and w/be finished if I weren't dividing my time w/the gardening. Still lots to do on both projects. After grouting, it w/need two more coats of paint. Not weeding today - gotta save energy cuz I'm going to the Periot Theatre to see The Harlem Dancers tonight. I hate getting old! SUSIE - when you gonna start your first project?????

o
RE: Front Door WIP- and

o

Your Queendom is grand for sure.........and the door is pretty in pink......Very whimsical and fun!!!!!!

o

That is perfect-o. That shade of pink seems to go with so many things outdoors. I love the door!

o

Girl you are somthing else! That is turning out so kool!Just maby I might do mine.I do love it.

o

Thanks, y'all. NANA - get on w/it. W/LOVE to see someone else's door all wrapped up in bling. Yeah, WACKY - this pink is "Exuberant Pink" from Sherwin Wms., and has a lot of blue in it. I LOVE it.

o

The blue explains why I love it. Down town there is a house with a teensy front yard that has no grass, all flowers, and they have a picket fence they painted that color. It matches nothing but it looks fabulous and I love it.

o

Oh, I'd love to see that, WACKY, if you'd post a picture of it.

o
RE: Front Door WIP - finished

Glad to be finished w/this project. Don't have a protective varnish for metal yet, but w/get next time out to keep from having to polish the brass!!! I am undecided whether or not to give it a rag wash w/raw umber to age it a bit. Looks too new. W/decide later - NOT TODAY.
Front Door Finished!!

o

Get ready for the tour buses and the ladies calling for Garden tours, etc...........it pops Betty......just says "an artist lives here!" I love it!!

o

Entry fit for a queen, princess, and a garden tour for sure. Love it with the matching garden florals. Are they roses? Breathtaking! susie (newbe)

o

Bow down to the Queen!! This turned out FANTASTIC!! Just awesome, i think you are going to have the doorbell ringing off the wall fairly soon. ANd speaking about doorbells. Tell me , did you mosaic that too?? I never noticed it before and can't see it up close.

just awesome, i can't think of the right words but you should be very proud!!!

o

Wow, If I lived near you I'd drive by your house everyday. Your door came out awesome and the distance shot should be in a magazine!!

o

Well aren't y'all the nicest folks anywhere? Many thanks, it was a fun project. SUSIE: Yes - antique roses - I order from The Antique Rose Emporioum in Brenham, TX. Check them out - very good prices, and the mail order service is great. Hurry, cuz I think they cut off in April sometime, until October, and of course, they're probably sold out of some of the best ones. WONDERFUL roses. The one on the right is Old Blush, one on the left is just full of buds, is Pinkie Climber - I have two of those. Yes, MER - doorbell was mosaiced at the same time the numbers surround and seasonal shelf were done. I am a bit proud of the door now, and thanks to you all for encouraging words.

o

Slow, obviously I haven't been able to be here awhile or I would have commented earlier about your wonderful new door. What a delightful entrance to your home! You have so much fun with your projects, and each one is a delight to us who get to see them...what great colors...what great fun. Wonderful!

o

Slow, Yur door is absolutely STUNNING girl!!!!! So colorful and beautiful!!!! I truly love it!!! U go girl!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here