Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

i'm back with a few wip

flagtruck
15 years ago

I have been working in the studio and have a few WIP pics to show. The Pagoda Lantern has been out by my pond for about three years amd very plain. It is finally "dressed up" and after grout I will electrify it and put it back in place.

The large gourd I am doing in reds and purples. The other large gourd birdhouse I finally finished and need to grout. If we get some pretty weather this week I will grout and if not I will keep on tiling. It is good to be back and going strong. I still have to have surgery on my knee but I have completely recovered from the heart attack and after the dr changing my medicine, I have my stregth back. Some of my medicine was making me very lethargic and no energy....

I will try to post more often and keep upp to date on my wip pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: New W I P

Comments (17)

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Howdy! I'm so glad to see some shiney Flag stuff!
    Glad to hear your feeling better.
    Maybe it's in the water, my creative juices are starting to flow as well, but I have to clean the garage first!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Whooweee I love this. It is so pretty, can't wait to see it finished. Hurry

• charmo
    15 years ago

Flagtruck, I don't know you but I'm glad to know you are well. I love the colours you chose for your stuff, nice and shiny too! Keep showing us pics!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Well, this is my first evening back to check in here and look who's right on top of the list to say hello to and that I LOVE the new WIPs! What wonderful glass and colors. Most of all though, your health news is great. That's the best kind of news when I've been out of touch so long. We'll all be following the progress of these great pieces you're working on! Terrific!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I am SO GLAD!! Praise God! That your health is better!!!! YES!!! Love the gourds and the pergola is major blingy!!!

• klinger
    15 years ago

I too am so glad to see you're up to creating again. Your first projects back are wonderful, love the vibrancy of them.
    hopefully you can get your knee done and be up and about asap.
    Cindy

• shrty411
    15 years ago

It's great to see some of your awesome projects again!!

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better!!

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

Those are looking so good ! I am so glad you are feeling better.
    I also am glad to see you have as much stuff in your shop as I do .I some ttimes feel so guity I have so much st. I love your work.

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Whooo Hoooo, love those colors!!!! Welcome back... your mosaics are so HAPPY!!!!

• bearbubbacowboy
    15 years ago

Hi Flag,
    Your work it BEAUTIFUL!!! Don't know you but am glad to hear your are healing and able to work again. Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't. Hope to see more lovely things soon. Cathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

I saw this and two HUGE gourds in person yesterday. No way do the photos show the real beauty of your work, FLAG. I'm always in awe when examining your work. It, like KLINGER's makes me want to give up and find another hobby. Outstanding work.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You all are so kind. Thanks for the encouragement and kudos. I am excited to be back in the swing of things and especially glad to hae finished a couple of things and ready for some more.
    Slow came by yesterday and gave her usual drools and made me feel so good. She also gave me a personal lesson on cutting the thick mirror. I am on my way to cutting my own mirror borders for my next project which will be a Garden Orb. Then as soon as the weather gets warmer, Slow and I are going to tackle a Large garden orb apiece..we'll see, maybe we will be covered in thinset>
    Daisy, good to know you made it back safely. So gald you are home and not in the "wilds" of Mexico. You too Clamity and Cindy. The rest of you guys thanks again. And for those of you who don't know me, stick around, I'm very much here if you need some help. I will try to help you.
    Off to cut mirror, the Slow way.

• rchovey
    15 years ago

So good the hear that you are feeling better and able to create such beautiful pieces again! Wonderful work!
    What kind of adhesive did you use for your pagoda lantern? I have one on the to do list for this spring, a bear knocked it over last fall and broke the middle lantern section but I managed to repair it with Bondo and once mosaiced no one will ever know...

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rchovey- I used thinset to adhere the tiles to the Pagoda lantern. I also have another that the lantern is broken, but it is gone, so I will make a replacement. Slow told me that therewas a gal on Garden Junk, MSN that posted instructions for making the whole thing, I didn't ever see it, so if anyone else did and has these, please let me know.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

WOW! Great to see your beautiful creations again! And greater yet to hear you are feeling better and back in the swing of things!

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Great job on everything! it's nice to see you back healthy and happy, I soooo love the gourds!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm truly glad you all like the gourds. I will post a wip pic of the new big one this afternoon. It is coming along great. I keep searching my stash for more purple & red stuff to use on it.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz