Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
letters under glass blobs

Posted by louisianagirl (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 10, 10 at 14:19

I once saw a mosaic that had letters under glass blobs that spelled out a name. Has anyone ever done this? What type of glue would you use so that the glue would be invisible and allow the letter to be seen underneath? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: letters under glass blobs

I have done this with both fabric and paper, using Weldbond and MAC glue, and no problems. Cover the back of the glob completely with glue, press firmly onto whatever you are gluing it to, hold for a minute to let it set up, let it completely dry before mosaicing. I admit I was worried about when I grouted, afraid it would stain or something, but it worked very well!!

o

Peeps who do collage recommend e-6000 very highly for photos under blobs, I guess it is photo safe from what the packaging says.

o

I have done this the same as Silvmae You can also use decpodge glueit works good.

o

I use Mod Podge on the glass blog, and on the paper after it's glued on - a couple coats. When I used plain sheet glass - as on "Shelby's Marker", I also put another sheet of glass over the back, then used GE II to seal around the edges, since that is an outside project.
Letters Under Glass

o

Thanks slow could not think .I use mod podge also.

o

I don't know why I had some kind of mental block when I answered this post before. I have used Mod Podge myself and it's probably your best bet. Actually I have used Mod Podge on many things and it is tough and permanent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here