Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beach Scene Rescue

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 13:50

As some of you know, I have been in a MAJOR creative slump for a while now...YUK!!! But things are percolating in the noggin'...so there still may be hope!!! Anyhoo, at work, this nice pc of driftwood art came in and they(coworkers) had tossed it in the "G"(Goodbye)bin...I hauled it out and stuck it in my car and had a good look at it and it is done very well. It has a wire to hang it on a wall..and the only thing I see wrong is the person who made it made it with a glue gun...which that glue does not hold up outside. BUT I am hanging it in my Art Room and have added to it, where the goodies have fallen off...using my mexico beach combing stash and some "Home" beach stuff and though it isn't much, it has given me an idea(of which is exciting me) to create rock flowers for a project I am going to be doing in the warmer weather...soon! I will be making rock flowers to add to my slate patio at my front door entry. The patio is 11x11ft, and I will be adding random flowers amongst the slate! It will just be subtle, but I think it will be good as I don't want to take away from my nice front door that I GOG'd.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beach Scene Rescue

calam, I think you "G" bin rescue is kinda cool. It just needs new life....(don't we all) anyway I think the flower idea will be great...please send pics of both when done...Cathy

o

I really like your idea, it would look great. Make sure you show us when it's all done.

o

Gee, I'm in a slump too until I get my TG ready, and this gives ME an idea to maybe make some rock flowers out of stones I have here that are too big for the birdhouses. I'll have to look at my stash and see if that would be feasible. Good goin' girl!

o

Hey Calamity, I too have been in a MAJOR creative slump!! Maybe it's just this B.C. weather! I've started a mushroom to see if that sparks something. The stone flowers sound really interesting, can you tell us more?

o

You lucky heifer you. I should be so lucky! I am sure it will be super nice as all of your stuff is! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

o

Well, you l'il heifer! What a nice little arrangement. I'm gonna copy that idea on the stone flowers. I got tons of those rocks. All you need to do is make a start, and it w/generate inspiration. I need to turn mine off - have so many things in my head, and I can't work fast enough. I'm facing about two weeks of yard cleanup - that'll turn it off. Cut some glass, girlie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here