Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
courtreporter_gw

need idea for stained glass window

courtreporter
17 years ago

Hi,

Could you all help with an idea for this boarded up window? I want to put in a stained glass window but don't even know where or how to pick a pattern. the window size is 20 x 40.

I welcome any and all suggestions. Places to purchase it?

{{gwi:1402312}}

{{gwi:1475748}}

Comments (15)

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

Hi CP! Are you doing this window yourself? Is it in the kitchen or??? Maybe you could take some more pics of the room to see what "feel" it has. Do you like birds, flowers, art nouvo?, contemporary, frank loydd wright? whimsical? Do tell...Jane

• courtreporter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks for responding.

We plan on hiring someone to do it.

I know what I don't like - Frank Lloyd Wright.
    I do love birds, vines, flowers and whimsical would be really fun, and lighten up the mood.

The other side of the wall/window is the back entrance into a mud room.

Thanks.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1402312}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1475748}}

{{gwi:1402313}}

{{gwi:1402305}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• crackpotannie
    17 years ago

beautiful cabinets..like your glass of wine,girl after my own heart.With your pretty green there are lots of choices.Tropical with colorful parrots or mostly green and white with a cockatiel? Geometric greens golds browns or even choose your favorite flowers there are lots of patterns for birds and flowers any stained glass shop can help or even look on line for stained glass windows to get an idea..Good luck Annie

• ctlane
    17 years ago

Make a template of the size of your opening, and then draw your own. Thats what we did. Ours is a half moon shape and it is on an outside window, we held it in place with mirror clips. Or try out the link below for ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: free stained glass patterns, look in the 5th category listed

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

Something like this would be cute!
    http://www.rosiehardman.com/fsimages/catpatternth.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

• sueny
    17 years ago

If you are going to hire someone to do it for you, let them design it for you. You will need to tell them what you like (and don't like) and what colors you want. Anyway,
    that is the way I have always handled it with people that want a window built. I always have lots of design books available for them to look through so I can get an idea of their likes and dislikes. There are also lots of web sites out there with designs to look at if you want to tell them specifically what you want.

Sueny

Here is a link that might be useful: Links to Free Patterns

• courtreporter
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's the finished stained glass window

Here is a link that might be useful:

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

I can't get in to see it.

I love all those pictures - I feel like I live there !! LOL

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Link was bad,,try this one.

Nice window!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Well that's pretty spectacular. You are heavy on pictures in the beginning but short on words. We LOVE details. Any details??? Tell us who did it, how'd you choose your supplier? Where from? Did you help design? It's a beautiful window but we SURELY love details.

• kelly6780
    16 years ago

That is a gorgeous window. It must just feel like the perfect touch! Good choices.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Beautifu; window. What a great job !!

Maria

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

How Wonderful! I Love Art Nouveau!!!

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Very very nice...I love it!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

I meant to say, Thanks for the follow up of "The Window" and yes do tell us how you decided this particular window pattern. Here is a window panel I made some Dear Freinds.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz