Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

Spring balls part 2

nicethyme
16 years ago

hey all! well momof3abk did find her camara and here is the ball i made for her...

the pansies are cut from glass, each has 4 petals and I painted a blotch on the backs before gluing to the ball

if you're wondering, yes I do think this is the smallest I can nip something and make it look like something! lol

Comments (58)

• momof3abk
    16 years ago

Wow! I love the sun on this ball...great job Gretch!

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

I'm just blown away ........... I'm speechless !

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Big oops on my part. Thanks so much, MW!!! I was afraid they didn't post right but got distracted by company (fifteen people here besides my own family today!) so didn't get back to check and fix it.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Da-haaannng NT!! Love the pansies!! I do think your ball is smaller than mine!!
    Oh Gtetch, what a neat ball! I like all the interesting stuff on it.. the dragonfly, the flowers, the beetles!!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

NT that is amazing!! I knew you'd do a small one !!

Gretch that is wonderful!! Love that sun!

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Wow, Gretch, what a cute ball! I just LOVE that sun and all those little flowers and critters!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

I'm so glad you like the birdhouse, ramona! I think it would probably be easy enough for the handy-person in your house to drill a hole in the back and mount it.

For craftylady: Easy-peasy! It's made out of one of those gawd-awful giant christmas ornaments. I sawed off the nubby-thing where the hangy-thing goes, and there was already a little hole there. I measured the hole on my other birdhouse to make sure I got the hole big enough, and then simply took a cordless drill and kept shaving & shaving til it was the right size. The trickiest part was putting the (plastic) ornament in the vice without breaking it so it would stay still while I drilled it.

Got a dowel rod, and a drill bit the same size as the rod, and drilled a hole for that, and one out the other side. That was a little tricky, too, making sure the hole was in the right place on the back so the stick was straight. Secured it with E6000.

I cheated with the b-flies. They're walmart springy pot sitters. I haven't learned SG yet.

• momof3abk
    16 years ago

MM - loved the birdhouse, fabulous...easy peasy...hah! Amazing work

• livnlife
    16 years ago

OH! MY! GOSH!!!!! I am finally able to get online! I have had some major computer problems! Please forgive me for not being able to respond sooner with praise and admiration of everyones work!!!! WOW! What creativity we have here!!! AMAZING talent!

AND NOW.... I get to finally share my beautifully sweet exchange ball!!!!
    I recieved mine a few days ago but due to technical difficulty....anyway...I was so excited to get my package from CINDYLOO! I just love it!
    Two of the sweetest little song birds sitting in a nest, chirping out a spring tune with music notes and all. It has the cutest little bead (?) leaves on it.
    She also sent along her first bead mosaic which is a beautiful blue butterfly and a star ornament with star tiles...which I am excited to use.
    Thank you so much, Cindyloo...it is just adorable!

You can click on the photos to see them bigger.

PS...Eklyps! I'm so glad you liked your ball!!!

Thanks NT...this has been a lot of fun!!!
    Crystal aka livnlife aka crystalynn

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

How very cute!!!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

More beautiful balls!!!Lucky girls,you all did such a good job.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Oh, Crystal, I'm so glad you like it!
    I really wish I could have done a better
    job grouting it. Hopefully, I'll get better
    as I progress.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

WOW, I didn't expect to see a new ball today!! What a cute ball cindiloo!! So cute with the notes!!

• gibsona
    16 years ago

OK. Finally I can put Mosaicwench out of her misery! I LOVE IT!! I cannot believe how totally tiny these pieces are. She also sent Scrabble letters along! Thank you so very much. It's beautifully Springy!
    Ann
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}} (didn't have an egg to measure it against!)

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Gretch your ball is adorable with the sun and little critters on it!

Thanks MM for the instructions. Love those technical terms! LOL

Cindiloo your birdies are so cute and it was a cool idea to add the musical notes.

Wench I just love the pastel colors you used and it sure screams SPRING!!!!

Barb

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Yeah! I was so worried about it!

Glad you like it.

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Wow, look at the new ones! So very very cool!
    I must say, you all outdid yourselves with this ball theme. It IS neat to see how everyone puts their own little twist on the theme to come up with so many unique ideas!
    Look at those tweet widdle tweeters!!!
    Wow, wench, another tiny ball- awesome colors!
    Nice- that, too, is a great little tiny wonder- LOVE the pansies!!!
    gretch- love the sun!
    ronnie- Use these instead of these [ ]

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Y'all really rose to this challenge. Each new arrival is a joy to behold. Congrats, again, to giver and givee. Talented bunch, indeed.

• meadel
    16 years ago

Yeppers.. They are all amazing.
    I've fallen so far behind on my remarks. I hope that they all make it into the gallery, so I can comment on them individually.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Wench, that's beautiful!! I love the colors in it!!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Ladyronnie Glad you like it.
    NT wow those pansy's are cool.
    Those birds are adorable. How cool.
    And Mosaicwench what a cute ball, love all those colors.

Wow it is so hard to choose one that i love cause i like all of them.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Oooo, that is such a pretty little ball, MosaicWench!
    I LOVE those colors and your design! Another one that hurts my fingers thinking of all those tiny pieces, LOL!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Mary: Love the Bird House idea!!!
    Nice: WOW! TINY! Gotta love Pansies!!!
    Gretch: I love cobalt blue!!!
    Cindyloo: Love the bird song notes! Perfect!
    Wench: Love the pastel colors and the grout, what a surprise to see how small it is!!!
    Yet Another Over The Top Exchange eh?!!!

• ba1je
    16 years ago

too many to comment on each but what a bunch of creative people here. love every single one.WOW!!!...barb

• cadonna
    16 years ago

Here's my beautiful little ball from Pat aka curbdiver. It's got lots of little pieces and tulips and is ever so springy. It's displayed on a candlestick and I just love it!

• cadonna
    16 years ago

Let me try again. I can only get one of these to work so here it goes!
    {{!gwi}}

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Oooo, tuilips! I can't wait for spring to finally get here...
    even if the tulips have snow on 'em!
    Curbdriver, this is such a pretty pretty ball!
    It's a very regal looking tulip....Queen Tulip!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Very talented indeed,love the pastels you used Wench ..all of them are so spring like and the details on all of them are fantastic!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

cindiloo- was that a reference to "Brown Rabbit???"

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

Y'all are AMAZING!
    I've just spent time going through all of the exchange ball and I'm just in AWE! Each different... all creative... beautifully and thoughtfully done... etc., etc., etc.! They are just such a treat to see!
    And now... I see it's on to banks! Sounds like fun! I hope to maybe be able to do this one. Have to think through the stress level first though. :)
    Again... AMAZING mosaics... every one!

• foxglove44
    16 years ago

Wow.. they are all so good!How fun!
    Betsy

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

MMQCH: "Brown Rabbit"??? Guess not, since I don't
    know what you mean. I googled it and all I found
    was a movie called "The Brown Bunny".

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Oh, hehe- my son had two books when he was little: White Rabbit's Color Book, and Brown Rabbit's Shape Book. Actually, it was White Rabbit, and there was a line in there where she's dipped herself in red paint, and then blue paint, and turned herself purple, and she calls herself a "very important royal purple rabbit" "princess purple rabbit" or something to that effect. It was a cute book:

• diamondjennie
    16 years ago

Wow, internet was dead for 8 days! Thought I'd die not checking on how this all was doing. Then I had to head out of town to move my Mom, and when I returned a box was on my porch and I have to say that my ball and stand are the coolest I've seen yet! THANKS SOOOO much Momof3! What beautiful workmanship, colors, and it is just what I would have made for my home!

You can see how well it matches with my new wall color! Thanks again! It's wonderful!

Also, Flagtruck, I'm glad you liked your ball, sorry I wasn't smart enough to remember to add my screen name! Jennie

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Oh, it's like a topiary! How beautiful!!
    Way to go Momof3!!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Momof3 it's beautiful!! very elegant looking!!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

OOOO! I totally LOVE this one! Look at all that yummy texture!!!!

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

Ooh that ball and stand are so nice. I love how it looks like an antique. Goes with your walls perfect.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

MOM, that is very COOL!!!! Sirius is right, it looks antique! for only your 3rd mosaic and 2nd grout job - you did EXCELLENT!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Da-haaanng! That is beautiful! Love the co-ordinating stand.

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

FINALLY got the computer working....so sorry I worried you, crystal/Maria! My ball is wonderful! Irri seed bead grout and covered with flowers fit for the cute yellow butterfly that's also on it! Here's a couple of pics.....

I LOVE IT!!

Pat

• momof3abk
    16 years ago

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it DiamondJennie! Thank you everyone for your nice comments too...everyone is so supportive here and that's why I love it.

Love yours too Crystal! It was worth the wait to see it, so tiny and intricate!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Wow!!! 3 more wonderous balls!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

• crystal01
    16 years ago

AWW Curb! I'm so glad you like it! You like the little "crystal" stand? LOL!

YAY!!! All the balls are in!!! WOOO HOOO!!

GREAT EXCHANGE NT!! THANKS!

• PantherFL
    16 years ago

I just wanted to say, they're all amazing. I couldn't wait to see everyone's take on the theme, and nobody disappointed. I'm blown away every time I go back & look at them, they're all great.

• daisyme
    16 years ago

Every time I check in I see a new exchange ball and wish, wish, wish that I'd been part of this exchange! I hope never to miss another of them. Each of the balls is so special, unique and beautiful in it's own way. If someone wasn't hooked on this forum and it's wonderful members before, they surely must be now. Great fun, everyone!

• cait1
    16 years ago

They are all sooo fantastic!!!

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Oooo, another teeny weeny ball!
    CRYSTAL01, that is such a sweet little ball!
    LOVE that flutterby!!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOW CRYSTAL! bling a bling bling! love the irridesent!

is this the end??? how sad

can everyone include you pics in the GWGLASS SATG album and also the other gallery? thank you all for participating and sharing all your wonderful creations! can't wait to see the banks!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Oh wow the last few balls are really cool.

Sponsored