Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ba1je

cupboard doors wip

ba1je
16 years ago

had this old corner cupboard of my moms. painted it white and am mosaicing the 2 glass doors to the top of the cupboard.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (28)

• becky_ia
    16 years ago

This is going to be truly a work of art! Love your designs!

Becky

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

Love all the different shapes in your design. What type of glue are you using? I was using Weldbond, but I didn't like that I could see the glue when it dried.

• hrsg
    16 years ago

What a lovely way to keep a piece of family history, and make it your own.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

NICE! Your design makes me smile! Reminds me of that pretty bureau top you did!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

What a pretty design. Thats going to be gorgeous!
    Bianchi

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Love it.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Very nice. I love the colors you are using!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

I love those corner cupboards! It looks great painted! I bet this is gonna be your new fav pc, so...you might as well sent me that old bunny pot you did, you know, cuz you must be tired of looking at it by now!lol!!!

• meadel
    16 years ago

It's going to be amazing like the rest of your work!
    ( hey, I like that bunny pot too !! Can we flip for it??)

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

It looks so nice painted white! The doors are going to look beautiful when done.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Oh, what a wonderful abstract design in each of the doors. Great idea to upgrade an old piece.

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

It's a wonderful, HAPPY design... and I'm so glad that you were able to revitalize a family piece of furniture!

I'm looking forward to seeing the next pictures!

• klinger
    16 years ago

It is so cool to see how you have redone that cupboard. It's going to look wonderful with that great design you've chosen,
    Cindy

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}} the really neat thing is-my sister worked at the factory when they made this and she gave it to our mom when she was 16 yrs old....barb

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

I'd LOVE to have one of these cabinets! Your mosaic is so cheery!

I have seen a really neat corner cupboard made by taking an old door, the kind with inset vertical panels. It was sawn in half lengthwise, then the two halves screwed together at right angles, then shelves added. I think about doing that someday...

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Well, GEESH, that was fast. BEAUTIFUL job - looking great.

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Your pieces are like sunshine! no no no that bunny pot comes to texas,it's one of my most favorite things!

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

That is going to be a bright cupboard, really turned out pretty. Are you going to grout?

• Dottie B.
    16 years ago

That is turning out so nice. Great job!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Great colors and nice story behind the cupboard. You did a great job on them.

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

finally finished the doors to my corner cupboard-still need door pulls though. realy not sure i like the abstract stuff but it was fun to do....barb

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

That really turned out nice. I love that it's bright. I'm still a little iffy on trying a GOG. I guess I'm scared of the dreaded grout bleed.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL!!!!! You do the abstract
    wonderfully! So colorful and bright and happy!

• crystal01
    16 years ago

AWESOME Barb!!

• doone
    16 years ago

Very nice! Gives us all inspiration! Thanks for sharing....

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Very well done,in your usual cheerful way....looks really good!

• gre2eneyes
    16 years ago

what can I say sis...but what a beautiful job you did on moms old cabinet. I am SO glad you took it rather than letting it go in the yard sale for 10 dollars. Just remember....I get first dibs on it when and if you get sick of it..then it will have gone full circle!
    Judy

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Oh, what a beautiful job of GOG abstract. Can't believe you're not quite happy w/it. It w/be a great conversation piece in your home, and you'll be the envy of all your guests. LOVE it.

Sponsored