Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (12)

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Bless my soul. CALAM and I have been on the computer talking for about 20 min, and I ran and had lunch, and sat down at the computer again to respond to the thread "Where is Everyone", and here this thread is. Thanks, y'all for caring. Things happen - right? First I had to send my precious dawg Toby to Rainbow Bridge - got cancer on his leg, and vet said no hope. Then, a long-time Foreign Service Friend from Bolivia died, and I went to her funeral. They had just moved to Dallas, so it was a small funeral, but went to the home afterwards for a 2-hr. reunion w/her husband and family. Then the PV trip - although it was fun, it knocked my socks off for three days in bed to recover upon return. Then my neurosurgeon dismissed me - no help, so I have to travel to Dallas soon to start over. Believe me he and about 12 (Ccs) other entities are getting a nice/nasty letter from me. He's gonna be sooooooooo pi$$ed. Then the only nine-yr.-old microwave went out, so off to Lowes to get a new one - replaced today. Then last week a lady backed into my beautiful Jeep while I was in Albertsons grocery. Just took it to the body shop for repairs and am home in a rental. I think that about does it. Haven't been in a posting mood. Trying to figure out my next project. Sorry this is so long, but............... Thanks, y'all for remember this old lady.

• loribee2
    12 years ago

That is a long list! Good to know you are still out there and kicking. I understand how life gets in the way. Hope everything starts turning around for the better!

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

I still am on a high from having such a nice visit at The Hacienda with you Slow! This forum is so special to me and all the people I have met from here...my best buds!!! If only you all could have seen this forum just a buzzing a few years ago, and personalities have caused people to create/join another forum...so sad. I would rather stick it out here and make it work!!!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Slowmedown, thanks for the update. You have had a lot going on. I know you are missing your Toby. That is so hard. Calam, I feel the same; sticking with this forum . . . I hit a dry spell after the black and white sign, so I finally made myself do something; it was unplanned, but I just finished mosaicing a pitcher with broken plates, yellow with pink flowers, ready to grout, except I am mulling over the handle, to mosaic or not? I'm ready to get back into the groove. I've been busy setting out tomatoes and peppers and Gregg's Salvia.

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Slow your life sounds like mine to much going on and the deaths I want to say stop please .So sorry about your dog so hard.You are a fighter .Glad to see you.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Thanks, y'all. I try to remember that God blesses me in so many ways, so I shouldn't complain about the little things - I just shut up and march, and that means I'm now creating again and enjoying it inspite of the pain.

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

That's sure alot going on . I love to hear how much fun you have with another member ( well - now a FRIEND ! )
    Geeze -- it makes me want to move ! LOL
    Take time to breathe . My heart goes out to you about Toby . I Had to do the same thing ,for the same reason to my Golden.

(((((((((((( Slow ..... Toby .........and friends )

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Thanks, TOOMUCH. Your message means a lot to me.

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Life does get in the way of our art sometimes...Good to see you Slow...and others..I think we go way back from the beginning of Garden Junk...and Spike...oh geez...I had a friend from Montreal come for two weeks and she made a mosaic and took it home! I made a sunflower.Will put it in a new post.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

So glad to see you back on the forum - have missed you. Yes - those were the days - Garden Junk - I seldom visit there, but always enjoy it when I do.

• nonacook
    12 years ago

It seems that the older I get the more things
    I have to do-whether I want to or not.
    Like Emnest--I came from seed-exchange to garden
    junk and Spike, and show up here once in
    awhile.
    Glad you are fixing to start your lovely work again,
    after your round with all of the above.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

WOW - how nice to see your post on this side, NONA. I miss all the Garden Junk buddies.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living