Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
left over grout! I need an idea and fast!

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 12:42

It has been ages since I have been in here.
Life, lazy, bad computer, pick an excuse.
At any rate, I just grouted a mirror and a bowling ball and have a TON of grout leftover!
If I can get an answer in the next 20 min or so I will jump on it.
What can I do with this grout? I used to know this, but I can't recall a thing.
HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: left over grout! I need an idea and fast!

My Lady - didn't get here in time, but what I do w/mine is water it down a bit and push it into a plastic face mold I got from Hobby Lobby. Also, in the cake decorating section there are flower-shaped molds - w/make cute stepping stones. I use all left over mortar and grout, and one day, I'll find a way to use these fabulous little faces.

o

LOL! That is just what I did Slow. Once I posted the worm hole opened in my brain and I got out the little faces mold and a duck jello mold.
thanks a ton.

o

I saw a photo of some little mushrooms someone had made by hand from leftover grout. Very cute. (Was it here?)
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here