Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

Small Crosses

becky_ia
16 years ago

This is something I worked on this weekend to display at the Garden Symposium next weekend. They are drying today and tonight, I hope to pour resin on top. That should give them three days to harden before Saturday. This is my first attempt at doing crosses. So not sure how they will go over, but did have fun making them! Things I used-Brazilian agates, beads, seed beads, stained glass, small 1/2 marbles, mirror tile, blue willow china and sea shells.

Becky

{{gwi:134357}}

Comments (23)

• astara
    16 years ago

These are beautiful! I am sure they will go over GREAT! I love all the vibrant colors.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Pretty!! I really like the blue china one! You won't be coming home with any of these!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL, BECKY. Love them all. BTW - didja ask for the time off so you can come to the workshop?

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

These are all drop dead goreous! WOW! Everybody is making great Inspiring things!!!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Nice!! They will go fast. Very pretty!!

• nanatricia
    16 years ago

Very pretty!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Oh, I LOVE them. Really, really nice.
    Hope you make it to Texarkana. I'd love to meet you!

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

They are beautiful. Everyone is into crosses these days. I think they will be a top seller!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Yeah, CAC: Y'all notice that we all inspire each other. This is really a wonderful forum and a huge inspirational pool. One does something, and inspires another and away they go with it. It's sorta like a stick relay game. Maybe y'all are too young to remember that game, but I love this playground.

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

All of them are very pretty.

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Beautiful Becky,how did you make those frames and why resin on top?Just curious because I've never used resin.they will all sell I'm sure ,what kind of price are you putting on them?I sold mine for $75 ea and was told I should have but higher by a gallery owner,but I was chicken!good luck to you ..sorry ypu can't make workshop.

• becky_ia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Annie, The crosses come from Michaels. They are small 9 x 7. The first pictures were without the resin. Now, I am posting pictures of them finished with the resin. Using resin is like putting on 50 coats of finish-looks like it is polished, sort of an embedded look and I don't have to grout them. If I did, the grout would hide all the little shells, and beads. Just something different, I guess. Saturday will tell if others like them. Price wise - thinking of $25-30 for the crosses using the formula of 2-3 times what I have in them.

Yea, I am really bummed about not being there with you guys...but I will be another time, you can bet on it! I will be watching you all from afar.....with baited breath to see what you all come up with!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

WOW!!! FABULOUS!!!!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF! What a difference. I see what you mean - on closeup the teensy beads would be lost in grout. Great idea to resin this type of work. Wonderful job, girlie. These are really pretty.

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

Wow I love the resin, those are beautiful. Does it take a lot of resin to do that? I just love how they look compared to being grouted.

• foxglove44
    16 years ago

Those are beautiful and sure to be very popular sellers.

• meadel
    16 years ago

They are just gorgeous! Good luck on Saturday !

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

How lovely and almost delicate looking! LOVE the blue willow one....sucker for that deep color, that's me! Can't wait to hear of your wonderful success tomorrow!

Pat

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

Those are so nice, the resin is a great idea, really brings out the detail.

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Yes becky they are great! I've always been afraid of resin but have o try this sometime.I didn't know Michaels had cross's with framed edges...thanks.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

those are very beautiful. good luck, you should make some good sales with wares like that

• silvamae
    12 years ago

Charming! They are all pretty; my fav is the blue willow. Hope you do well!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Hey, you two - didja notice when these were first posted?

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County