Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosaicwench1

spring exchange has arrived!

mosaicwench1
16 years ago

I got a great box from my postman today!! I was lucky enough to be the recipient of becky_ia's exchange ball.

She did a lovely Fleur de Lis ball inspired by the stand and included a lovely candle shelter and candle with it!!

Thank you Becky - it's AMAZING! Lovely work!!

I'm so excited to be first!! Now I get to sit back and watch 'em roll in!!!

Comments (150)

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Artistic talent in abundance! These balls are amazing!

NT, this challenge drew out some awesome creativity.

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better. I love the new arrivals, TOO!!! Gretch/Tamar- what a neat idea! Reminds me of Who-ville.
    And the lamp- What a unique idea!
    And all of the display balls are absolutely gorgeous- such great designs!

Can we do it again??!!!! (Actually, gotta wait til after the movement/texture exchange is over; I need to do that one first)

This is GREAT! MORE! MORE! MORE!!!

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

MY COMPUTER HAS ME COMPLETELY BONKERS!!! I had to go out of town yesterday afternoon, hoped that when I got back tonight it would be better, but STILL WON'T DOWNLOAD PICTURES! So all I can do is read your oooooh's and aaaaah's but can't see what all the hubbub is about! I may be to the computer doc tomorrow!

SHRTY411 / MARIA: SO glad it got to you, and hope it really is just a tiny mishap. I didn't "spring" too much on you, then?? :D

• eklypz
    16 years ago

I would really like to thank Nicethyme for hosting this event, was my first swap and totally amazed and was so fun!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

What talent we have here!Like I say you have done yourselve's proud.Outstanding pieces all of them.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Thankyou thankyou. It was certainly fun to come up with the challenge and now to see where everyone went with it is VERY COOL! I really didn't feel that it was much trouble and highly recommend that anyone with an idea step up and run the next.

however, there are alot of us working on the movement and texture contests till May 1st... so that's something to keep in mind

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

AWESOME!!! The lamp is just too cool and the handpainted grout lines on the other beautiful one is a great personal touch! These are ALL amazing!

EKLYPZ: It's my first exchange too and it IS a lot of fun.
    My person hasn't got the one I made yet and I'm afraid it doesn't come close to any of the amazing talent I've seen so far! Hope they still like it anyway.

I would LOVE to participate in another one. Maybe it could
    be done for summer????

• shrty411
    16 years ago

First of all, Tamar, adaisy and Gibsona, those are so beautiful. I love them , great job!! I love those cobalt blue tesserae you got Barb!!

AS promised. sorry this is late. It was so hard to get pictures to do this justice!!

FIRST.. I got UNPACKING instuctions!!

Then I found my SPRING AROUND THE GLOBE ball
    {{!gwi}}

Look at all these teeny tiny beads!!
    {{!gwi}}

and all the spring doo-dads!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Oh, and I can't forget the "foil" tesserae ( I guess I'll figure a way to dispose of all that chocolate LOL)
    {{!gwi}}

super glue for emergency repairs

It's sitting on a big black spring!!

Thank you, it's wonderful!!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Wow now that is way cool. SPring around the world and she used springs. Now that is really awesome. Great job.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

How clever! Great little springy do-dads!
    Those beads are so pretty and sparkly and that big ol' spring it's sitting on is awesome!

• gibsona
    16 years ago

OOH Lori, I'm soo glad you like it. I was afraid it was a little too corny. You see, what's actually underneath all that glass is a globe - Yes, it's a globe nightlight! You can see the outlines of the countries when the light is on. Thought it was kinda cool because it changed the color of the green squares. Anyway, glad you like it. Everyone has done such wonderful work (as always).
    Ann
    PS. To the poor soul that sent mine - it's here. I just haven't been able to get out of work early enough to get to the post office and IT'S KILLING ME! A teenage neighbor is going to get it for me today so I should be able to post pictures tomorrow.
    Sorry so long. Life's been crazy and it's all I've been able to do just to get on here and gawk at everything. Got some things I need to show ya'll soon. Anyway. . . .have a good one!

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

I just am amazed everytime I come back to see the new balls. The lamp is wonderful. I can't imagine doing that without the pieces sliding around.

The ball from adaisy is so unique with the use of the tinted glass and drawing the little flowers.

The spring around the world is also so unique and wild. I love all the little beads.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Roni!! You little artist you!! How cool.. Oh, NO!! I just thought of something. After working with all those tiny beads, can you still see, or will you show up in TX with dark glasses and a cane??LOL!!!

• adaisy777
    16 years ago

Yeah I received mine yesterday, I was so excited to get it but had to wait until I got home from work to open it. Well here it is. It was made by Silva and it is the cutest. It's funny because it goes with my kitchen so well. I've included a picture of it next to the exchange gift from Fiddlekate and my backsplash (still ungrouted). Thank you so much Silva...I love it.

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Maria, SO VERY GLAD you like it! Sure wish I could see the pics you took! Gonna have to take my computer in today, darn it. All I have to look at are blue borders where pics are supposed to be in this entire thread.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

All I keep saying is WOW! but it seems so understated! It IS saying something tho, when I'M at a loss for words!!lol!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Silver grout??? From Silva????
    Really neat! I like the ladybugs!

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Bama, that's exactly what I thought when I saw it...silver from Silva! LOL

Roni, those beads would have made me go crazy trying to glue them on the ball. What an original idea! Love those spring doo-dads too! Hope you get your computer fixed soon so you can see all this eye candy!!!

Silva, that ball is so adorable with those ladybugs on it. Amie, it does look great next to your holiday exchange gift and ungrouted backsplash...so how come you haven't grouted that yet????. You did a great job grouting my ball and you won't have to draw all those tiny little flowers all over the grout line...or will you???

Barb

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Silva, that ball is so cute with all it's
    pieces of spring and jelly-bean colored globs!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Thankyou thankyou. It was certainly fun to come up with the challenge and now to see where everyone went with it is VERY COOL! I really didn't feel that it was much trouble and highly recommend that anyone with an idea step up and run the next.

I'd be happy to run it, but you guys have to come up with an idea LOL.. I have NO CLUE!!

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

I love the silver on that ball, really jazzes it up and really makes it look springy.

• crystal01
    16 years ago

THIS EXCHANGE ROCKS!!
    and we're barely half done seeing all of them! Love the bling, the lights, the see throughs, the fleur, the butterflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, flowers, basket, hand made tiles, springs, the stands! I love them all!!

• eklypz
    16 years ago

I adore that silver, howcha do that?

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

eklypz, Silva can't post here (technical difficulty) but you can ask her about it over yonder

• momof3abk
    16 years ago

I got my ball today!!!!! It is from Nicethyme and it is beautiful! Very, very small - I think she's got Bama beat on the tiniest. I love it and thank you for the note, the pansies are perfect! I'm amazed at how much detail there is in them because they are so tiny. Y'all wait till you see how small....I have it on a glass stand in my bedroom. Did you take a picture? I just got back from Florida this morning and have no idea where my digital camera is right at this moment, but if not, I will hunt it down so I can post a picture. What a nice gift to come home too :)

BTW - I checked the tracking on mine and it was "in transit", was supposed to be delivered today but I saw they changed it to tommorrow :(

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Cool I'm so glad you like it. but no - like a total DUH I didn't snap a pic so we'll have to wait for ya to find your camara! lol

when you do, lay an egg next to it so we can see if i beat Bama or not. I also suspect Chickee's ball is much smaller than it seems, when she describes those beads as like BBs... mmmmmm

anyhow, I'm glad you like it and that they are not so small that you can't tell they're pansies! lol

• eklypz
    16 years ago

I GOT MY BALL!!!!!!!

It's from LivnLife and I absolutely ADORE it! It is about 2 inches on a cute beeded wire and a butterfly. I love butterflies, how did you know?? It is intricate and inspiring!

(I apoligize for the bad photos! I really need to take a class cameras confuse me lol)

{{!gwi}}

She also included some gorgeous tiles, including Van Gough! These are the first I have ever seen in person and wow!

{{!gwi}}

• flagtruck
    16 years ago

Here is the beautiful orb I received today from Jennifer Tevlin. Thank you so much this is beautiful. The little stand she sent with this had one leg that came unsoldered. I will fix it and put the ball back on it.
    I think that the butterfly is definitely a spring touch, as well as the designs of flowers under the crash glass.
    Very unique and original. There are more views in my Flickr
    album.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring exchange

• andrea_2
    16 years ago

My ball actually came the other day, but we've had a lot of rain lately and our basement leaked. What a mess! Anyway, it's from Carol in Texas (not sure of her screen name). Let me tell you that the concept was brilliant! It's made from irridescent tea cup shards, and three handles were used as a built in stand. Too smart! I love the colors and the shininess!

I've never embedded pics before, so if they don't work I'm adding the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Oh Livn'!! How pretty! I really like the way you did the daffodils.
    Flag, Jennifers is really neat to. Good pictures of it. I like the movemet of the design, and the butterfly!
    BTW: what's Jennifers screen name?

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

LIVNLIFE: How delicate and pretty that ball is! Are those little lady bugs?
    How fun to have put it on a beaded wire,too!
    JENNIFER: What a pretty pretty springy ball! I LOVE all the flowered shards and
    bright globs! And the butterfly is so adorable!
    CAROL: WOW! How cool! Sooo creative and it's sooo pretty!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Oh Carol! What a great idea!! Cup handles! And the ball is beautiful! It looks so smooth.

• mosaicwench1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The cup handles built into a stand is an outstanding solution!

Wow - these are all so great!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

I LOVE Daffies!! And that crash glass ball is super! The cup handles are soooo over the top cool!!! And I'm really looking forward to seeing Nice's!!!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

WOW that silver ball is really cool. Great job.
    Livin what a great ball love the flowers on it. Awesome.
    Now the cup handles on the other ball wooooooooooohoooooooooo now that is a neat idea.

Awesome job all.

• flagtruck
    16 years ago

Thanks to all of you for the compliments about the cup handles.
    I think words won't express how beautiful all of these are.
    They are all over the TOP! A lot of talent at this here forumn,
    I don't know Jennifer's screen name, only given name. She will have to chime in and let us know.
    Great work all of you.
    Carol

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Gosh, all these balls are so cool!! Flag..great idea with the cup handles!!

Livn! prety ball! Eclypz your first Van Gogh glass..oh, you'll be hooked

Jennifer! Love the butterfly!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Jennifer is Diamondjennie

wow, all these are amazing... Flag - the cup handles were ingenious! Livnlife went micro - beautiful! and Dj, I am very impressed - very nice design and Bama is right - good movement! very pretty!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

I can't believe you told her to go lay an egg. Real nice, Nice.
    ;)

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Hey, this item is awaiting pick up:
    0103 8555 7494 9448 4697

Go get it!!!!

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Livnlife I admire you for tackling such a small ball and I love it with the iridescent glass background. Eklypz, I can't believe this is your first Van Gogh glass!!!

Diamondjennie, your ball looks so dainty and elegant.

Flagtruck, using cup handles to make a built in stand for that gorgeous ball, was absolutely brilliant!!!

Ahem...I can't believe that the person who ran this exchange and told everyone to make sure they took a picture of their ball before they sent it, failed to do that with their own ball and is going to make us all wait anxiuosly for Momof3 to find her camera! LOL
    Hey momof3...did you find that camera yet?

Barb

• momof3abk
    16 years ago

No I wasn't able to find it last night. I agree - all NT's fault - tee hee. Course I didn't take a picture of the ball I sent either......but......It was delivered today! Left on the doorstep...so I hope you like it whoever you are...

• rchovey
    16 years ago

Just when I thought this exchange couldn't possibly get any better.......I went to the mailbox today and there it was!!! MINE IS THE BOMB!!!! THANK YOU TINA (mmqc-2) (how did I get so lucky for you to get my name again?), THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I LOVE IT! CHECK THIS OUT:

{{!gwi}}

It's a birdhouse!! Can you believe it? And look at the 2 bags of wonderful tesserae. I love these exchanges. This is so much fun. I was so excited I called my husband at work and tried to describe it, he said "you sure sound excited about this" well....duh!

• crystal01
    16 years ago

COOL!! Congrats rchovey! Beautiful and creative work mmqc!!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

dang I did a repeat??? shoot sorry guys but looks like it was a happy mistake anyways! Very cool Birdhouse MM! nice work

yeah I'm such the bonehead about not taking pics... DOH!

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Rchovey, you really scored! A super tweet
    birdhouse with those awesome flutterbys
    AND the two bags of tessare!!
    Mmqc, that was such a creative idea!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

GOODGRIEF!!! Y'all are something else!!! Too busy to comment on each.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

MM!! A birdhouse??? How neat. I really like the flutterbys on it.

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

I am just blown away with everyone's creativity! Just BEAUTIFUL art!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

MM- what a great idea for the exchange!!Cool butterflies, too!!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County