Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hanging Stained Glass Windows

Posted by culateru2 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 11:52

Hi, I am a newbie here and to the mosaic world. I have done a couple gog using the old windows, but I have a question on how to hang it the best way. Not sure what hooks/chain to use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hanging Stained Glass Windows

When I had the empty old windows hanging on my patio I bought eye hooks at Lowes. One for the patio rafter and one for the window. Open the links on the chain and put it through the eye hooks and close the link - simple. Hope you'll show us pictures.

o

Thanks..I wasnt sure if opening up the links would weaken them. I thought I would have to use eye hooks with the s hooks. I am having trouble with the weldbond drying so it might take a while to show some pics. I am trying to stay away from toxic stuff, so maybe Mac Glue? suggestions?

o

IMO Weldbond is the least toxic glue you can use. That's why most mosaicists use it. However, it isn't for outside use. I haven't used Mac Glue, but I know many artists highly recommend it.

o
Also, when I went to home depot, I estimated how

heavy I thought the hanging window would be. They picked the chain size based on that

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here