Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range Hood?

Posted by christi508 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 10:42

While cleaning my old old old oven hood..inspiration hit. Do you think I could mosaic on top of it? It is a run of the mill painted metal. What would you suggest for adhesive? Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range Hood?

Doesn't move, does it? LOL - YES - GEII w/be my adhesive. When you getting started?

o

Thank you for the speedy response! I am starting as soon as I can get back from the store with the GEII! I will post pics. BTW, I loooove all your work.

o

Ohhh what a great idea. My hood is soooo ugly and the fan doesn't work anyway!
Can't wait for pics!

o

What a great idea! I bet we'll see more range hoods inspired by you! Go for it!

o

If it doesn't breathe, then it's an unsuspecting substrate for mosaicing in my world! Yep, GEII

o

LOL I can't wait to see it!

o

Oh ya!! Is this thinking inside the box or outside the box?!lol!

o

DON"T be givin me ideas!! My range hood looks like crap, I don't own this house so I can't....waaaaaah! Sure is an interesting idea though!!

o

Great Idea!!! Where's some pics??? I want to see please!!! LOL>>>>Later, Cathy

o

My dear SQUIRRELLY: You can mosaic that hood, and if the owners don't like it, go buy them another one to replace it, and enjoy it while you live there. Every change I made in other peoples' houses was accepted. I tiled kitchen and bath floors (w/stick-on tiles) in an apt. in Egypt, painted ugly kitchen sinks, all kinds of stuff.

o

I would love to see a pic of a finished range hood. What a grand idea. I don't have one so can't join in on this one. Ok I'm waiting, trying to picture what they will look like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here