Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished Duck Mosaic

Posted by crazymosaics (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 30, 09 at 9:29

Hello all,

I finally finished the duck!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!!! It's made with bronze, gold, copper and red Van Gogh glass with the design made in red mirrored glass. It was a tedious process but worth it in the long run. I charged my friend $100 and she paid with no problem. I probably could have charged more but she's a good friend. Please let me know what you think.

I also entered the duck in the Art Glass Festival Contest. If you guys have a free moment can you please vote for Sunny Ray (the name of the duck :) ) Just click on the link below. This is the first time I've ever entered a contest or charged for something.

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=agf_gallery

Here are the pics:

Photobucket

Sunny Ray back

Sunny Ray front

Sunny Ray close up

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished Duck Mosaic

WOW!!! I love it!! I only have a little bit of Van Gogh glass and love what you've done with it!! I haven't been able to find the VG glass in Australia so I have to buy it from America and after seeing what you've done I definitely want to buy more. Inspirational!!

o

I love it!!!! It is truly a wonderful piece. I'm sure the friend he bought is absolutley thrilled with her DUCk!!!! Just Lovely !!!!!!!!!!!!

o

What a beauty! Fantastic job.
I will go vote right away!

o

This is sooo nice! I like how the neat 'brick' pattern on the front contrasts with the randomness on the wings. Great colors with the wood, and I like the organic look of your swirls (artistic). I don't know much about pricing, but since this was a good friend, I'd say $100 is a fair price especially if you're both happy about it. I definitely would've priced it higher though if selling it to a non-friend :)

o

This is one beautiful duck! When I first saw it when you started, I just thought "OK" I guess...but now that I see it completed I say WOW!!! you did a wonderful job!

o

Oh, you did such a fantastic job on that, CRAZY. It looks so rich looking. Doncha just love red w/gold, and the VG glass is wonderful w/your red. Oh, YES - the price could be a lot higher for a non-friend. WONDERFUL project.

o

So-o-o-o-o-o beautiful. I will go to the link and vote for your Art piece. CONGRATULATIONS! susie

o

I couldn't find where to vote when I opened the link.

o

Triple WOWOW. Lovely, beautiful. GREAT job.

o

That came out wonderful. I'm a big fan of VGglass!!

o

WOW!!!!!!!!!! that turned out great!

o

Well, I've been waiting and hoping to see how this piece came out, and it's wonderful! I love the red AND the VG, and am so happy your friend paid the price with no problem. Smart girl!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here