Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brokenbitmosaics

2 horses running

brokenbitmosaics
10 years ago

I finally finished this piece. I was working on it when the kitchen ceiling sprang the leak. It got soaked. Waited for it to dry out and also for the dust storm (from tearing out the hard wood flooring) to be over before I finished it.

there are a couple of more pictures of it on the mosaic blog

http://brokenbitmosaics.blogspot.com

Comments (15)

• silvamae
    10 years ago

Lots of Energy! Love the manes.

• nicethyme
    10 years ago

oooh I love your choice in materials - this is lovely. Lots of action in it

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

Gorgeous. Wish I had the eye for such beautiful work. Love the way you used different materials to make it so unique.

• nanatricia
    10 years ago

Yes so cool!!!

• texaswild
    10 years ago

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece, especially the polka dots and the mane on the first horse. What did you use for the polka dots?

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Oh the mixture of colors and patterns is amazing! I love the manes too.
    Kathy

• brokenbitmosaics
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey Slow, both manes are necklaces.

The one of the 1st horse is made of silver chains and has small fat disks suspended on it. I added some bugel beads in to cover the blank spaces.

Thanks for all your compliements.

Ramona

• segrieb
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! And, a clever use of materials on the manes. Are they running on a path made of pea gravel!? How big is your mosaic? Very nice...

• texaswild
    10 years ago

Thanks for explaining the manes, but I'm interested in the polka dots you used on the two legs and face of the horse on the right, and the dots on the other horse. Is that polka dotted shards from china? That l'il touch is brilliant. I like the unusual.

• brokenbitmosaics
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey Segrieb, yes it is small pea gravel. The piece is about 36 inches long by 24 inches tall

Slow, the polka dots are beaded pearls in black and white. The faces are small plastic beads. The ones that are faceted yet kind of flat.

The body of the white horse is tumbled hobnail glass, a broken chrismas frame and a broken vase.

The body of the black horse is a broken lamp body.

The decorative pieces on the white horse between the body and legs/face are part of a bracelet. And the ones on the black horse are part of some very large earrings.

The face on the White horse has 3 diamond as the blaze. And the face on the Black horse has a broken piece of jewelry to represent a marking on the face.

Tails on both horse are back painted irredecent glass.

• brokenbitmosaics
    Original Author
    10 years ago

head shot

• brokenbitmosaics
    Original Author
    10 years ago

black horse

• brokenbitmosaics
    Original Author
    10 years ago

last one

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Thx for the closeups too...lovely!!!

• texaswild
    10 years ago

AaaaHaaaaa - beads. Thanks for the closeup and the explanation. Never would have guessed the makeup of this wonderful work. You have used unusual materials at their best. You're very talented and imaginative.1

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES