Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
(emtnest)deck pics & Birch rails- WIP

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 10, 09 at 3:40

Here's some pics I found that I took from the deck last summer.
Our house is on the second floor above the workshop/garage.
We built our house out of pocket and with our own 4 hands and some help from good friends.. It's been 4 yrs since we broke ground and we only moved in a year ago.
We are still a work in progress, but we're gettin there. We have escavating, siding and the Birch deck rails left (the rails are in the process now-see pics). Hopefully this summer the rest will get done. If not next summer. Later, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Birch deck logs and rails-pics from deck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: (emtnest)deck pics & Birch rails- WIP

Oh my gosh, that deck is going to be something!!! I'm sure it makes you appreciate it even more when all of that sweat equity goes into the building process. Enjoyed checking out your photobucket... thanks..Dottie

o

Cathy, your deck looks awesome, isn't it more fun when we do it ourselves though? You have a lot to be proud of, good job. I love all yours signs and Rosie is beautiful too!

o

What a gorgeous deck, and your container garden is wonderful. Lots of good stuff in your album. I especially like the huge urn, the pink shelf and the umbrella stand. Well - pretty much all of it.

o

LOVELY!!! ALL of it!!!

o

I couldn't find the umbrella stand... where is it?

o

The 1st post and rail went up a couple of days ago!!! I am getting so excited....Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.....

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st post and rail

o

It's been a slow process but it's coming along...sure is looking nice!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: deck progress

o

Those birch rails are wonderful! What a grand deck!

o

That is gorgeous!
I had to sigh a bit at the peek of Alaska in that pic.

o

Ahhhh yes the deck to die for.... love it!!!!!

o

It's a slow process..He gets about one rail a day. It's a lot more work than we anticapted. Drilling and matching the holes and putting in the bolts,screws, plugs and wiring for lights. But it is a little over half done...Only three more panels on the other end and the other side of the stairs. I can't wait to start flowering it up!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Birch deck

o

HI all and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! The deck is done!!!! We celebrated Mother's Day and my birthday with Alaska King crab and all the fixins our gorgeous deck today!!!! The sun was shining and it was lovely!! It's been 9 months in the making and worth every month because it is BEAUTIFUL!!! My hubby did a fantastic job.....We will paint (stain) the floor area tomorrow and then just spend the rest of the summer enjoying it. I have to get busy on more pots for flowers...

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished brich deck rails

o

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, as did I. Your deck railing looks great. Enjoy.

Kat

o

Your home makes my heart so full of gladness for you. It is majestic and will be in total harmony with the nature sourounding it. Even the enterior projects all blend in with the earthy spirit of the decor. You and your Husband are amazing folks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here