Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Alaska Agate/beach rock rustic welcome sign

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 10, 09 at 1:31

Hey calam and all , Here's another piece with Alaska agates and Alaska beach rocks on it.later Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic rustic welcome sign

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Alaska Agate/beach rock rustic welcome sign

Are You a rockhound? Did you coat that with resin??!!! AWESOME!!!

o

Yes I am.....I spend a lot of time on the beach in the summer collecting rocks and agates.
And no, it's coated with a exterior polyurethane.
I prefer the agates raw, just the way I find them. I polsihed some once, their pretty polished but, I think it's takes away their beautiful character. Later, Cathy

o

Cathy I like your welcome signes with the agates. Your deck is going to be gorgeous. ?? The logs hanging in your garage, are they curing for use?

o

Kathy, The hanging posts are getting their second coat of exterior polyurethane today. The others above are drying, they'll go around the deck. The rails you see hanging, already made, are the rails going up the stairs. It's been a lot of work. Cutting the logs, peeling, drilling (for electrical)(lights are going on top of each large post) sanding and now sealing. Then put it together. But I told my hubby last night it's gonna be worth all the work when it's done!!!!! He just went huh...(Course he does most of the work) but it is going to be beautiful....I am getting so anxious for summer to come, later, Cathy

o
cathyscache - how did you make that rounded rock vase?

I'd like to do the same but the rocks are so heavy that when I glue them they slide around (especially on a non-rounded surface like a vase). Did you use a special glue? Any other tips?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here