Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood art-Just thought I'd share

Posted by bearbubbacowboy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 22:08

Hey all, Just thought I'd share some of my other works. I do wood art w/birch bark and whatever is out there I can find and salvage. But have to say I love doing mosaics mostest (as my GD would say). The table I made, my hubby said it needed a bear crawling up it and carved me the bear. The carvings my huby does. Rosie will hoepfull be grouted by Thur. or Fri. I'm in spring clean mode. Everyting is getting a scrubbing. I'm a clean freak and just can't help myself!!!! Later, Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood art-Just thought I'd share

You should show us pics of your wood work.

o

Oh do show us pics!!! We LOVE Eye Candy!!!

o

Oh good grief--sorry I thought I did..It was a long day!! Here ya go, Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Bull and wood art

o

Oh, WOW - y'all are good at this wood working. What a great way to work together, and blend mosaics w/your other hobby. The mosaiced longhorn is fabulous.

o

WOW!!! Awesome tables!!! And I LOVE those bears! I have been thinking about getting one off a guy who makes them here in town, for at my front door. Love the long horn too!!!

o

Great work!! I really like the bears too, however I have my own deck visitor, so I'd best not get him a companion!

Photobucket

o

Bear, I'm jealous! All this talent you have! I love the tables,bears and those horns too! You go girl!

o

Thanks girls.
Heres' some birch bark art too. I'm just getting some pics on photobucket finally. I'll add the direct link so you can see it all. Finally got the picture thing down (dummie me took me awhile) so am adding pics as I have the extra time. I also am starting a cabinet project today. It's an unfinished cabinet, I'm going to finish it and mix mosiac and birch bark on it on the sides. And add clear glass on the front doors. If it turns out they way I want it will be the TV stand and he DVD/dish will go under behind the glass. We'll see how it turns out but if my mind eye is right it will be cool. Later all , Cathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o

Wow! Another busy artist! Great stuff!

o

Rchovey, I had the same kind around here. Last year a mama and cub wew're tryin gout the BBQ...I prefer the wooden still kind!!!
Thanks Tex. I'm busy when I can be. Grandkids take up a whole lot of time....But I wouldn't have it any other way>>>Later, Cathy

o

The birch is so nice! Good job! That TV stand would look awesome done the same way!
Rchovey: I remember when you posted those pics!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here