Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jewelry in mosaic question

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 20:25

I want to use a couple of old earrings minus the clips for frogs eyes. They are not rhinestones or anything fragile. A metal back with a stone (half orb) in the middle. My question is will it hold up outside if I put an outdoor urethane on it? I want to put the froggy out in the garden when I'm done. (I live in NH)
I've had so much fun looking at everyones work.
tia
kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jewelry in mosaic question

Kathy, I did a project with school children for our local nature center. We made stepping stones for the butterfly garden and used jewelry, buttons and other items embedded into the concrete. That was several years ago. They have been left outside and it works just fine for awhile. Eventually they will loosen & fall off. Sealing does help.

I have a pair of earrings too that I have been saving; would make perfect eyes. Would love to see a picture of your project!

becky

o
RE: Jewelry in mosaic question

Thanks. I am going to try it. The rest of it will be plates that I'm collecting. Will post when I've made significant progress if not finished.
kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here