Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mosaic window

Posted by deedeeminn (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 20:21

Mosaic window I made a while ago - thought I'd share now that I "think" I figured out how to post pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mosaic window

Oh my goodness - what a BEAUTIFUL window. Love it.

o

That is great! I looked through your other pictures and they are all beautiful. What glue do you use on your windows?

o

Thanks! I use GE II clear silicone. I'm thinking of trying weldbond on my next window though, since they don't live outside I want to give it a try. I was going to post more pics, but I need to figure out how to post more than one at a time.

o

Very very pretty!!!

o

Very Pretty. Got the part about GEII Did you then grout it also?

o

OH Man!!! LOVE it, AND I love the others pics!!! Just had to peek at what else you did...LOVE Your studio and tin sheds! And Love that arbor too! Really like the light plates and hummingbird window, it is actually a big window too! Great stuff!!!

o

Thanks everyone! yes oldcrafty, I did grout it after the GEII. That's why I want to try the weldbond. In the places I was a little messy with the GE the grout didn't take well. That might also happen with the weldbond, maybe I just need to be neater haha! calamity, thanks - the tin shed is the outside of the studio. I had the windows put in last summer (they were headed for the landfill). The trellis was some kind of railing I also found at the recycle center and had a friend weld it into a trellis.

o

Its gorgeous. Such rich colors.
I wondered about ge ii and grout. I'm mosaicking a small table with different depth pieces and I thought I'd use ge ii under the thinner ones to raise them up and weldbond or Macglue under the thicker, but maybe I shouldn't do ge ii.
Kathy

o

Beautiful!!! I loved looking through your album. The way the light comes through the glass stones is amazing. I especially love the river of stones in the hummingbird pic. Thank you for sharing!

o

Your window is beautiful!!! Love the vivid colors!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here